300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narcan/Naloxone online training

Anyone know of an online training source for LE administration of Narcan that gives a cert when complete and is free?

No. It’s a local procedure that requires hands on demonstration of skill. You do realize that just taking online classes to stack carts doesn’t mean a thing, right?

It just means you you can click a mouse. It won’t impress anyone, nor the courts when you try to testify as an Expert.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I'll provide some clarity.
      1. I'm part of a regional training cadre for a Federal agency looking to equip Officers in three states with narcan, so three separate training sessions is more difficult to arrange for ~200. Trying to work smarter...
      2. We're looking for free classes since you know, budgets and whatnot.
      3. We're not trying to impress anyone or become experts, just keep people alive.

It would have been cool if you could have offered some substance instead of sarcasm... but you're not really known for that around here are you.

Comment

I believe all Narcan classes are hands-on, right?
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
        DA Public Safety Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

I’m an Instructor. Narcan training is hands on.

Your attempts to circumvent training...as an “instructor “, show how much you have to learn about teaching. Your excuse that you have a large student population is poor at best.

You have a history of looking to use online training instead of actually teaching.

If you are really part of an instructional cadre, and know about the subject, and have done your research, you would know that there are many Federal and State programs that supply training and product, for free. Budgets, you know.

Do it right, or don’t do it.

Sometimes, people think they are great teachers... most times, they’re not.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Some Federal agencies are doing Narcan training online. I just had to do it the other day, but it was training built by my agency I believe. The thing is we don't have any narcan now, and I would be surprised if we received any. I think the training was more or less a check box for some sort of compliance than anything else though.
            Last edited by Autorotate; 07-16-2018, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
              I’m an Instructor. Narcan training is hands on.

Your attempts to circumvent training...as an “instructor “, show how much you have to learn about teaching. Your excuse that you have a large student population is poor at best.

You have a history of looking to use online training instead of actually teaching.

If you are really part of an instructional cadre, and know about the subject, and have done your research, you would know that there are many Federal and State programs that supply training and product, for free. Budgets, you know.

Do it right, or don’t do it.

Sometimes, people think they are great teachers... most times, they’re not.
              You know it would be really amazing if we as a law enforcement community could build each other up and help one another... not like we're treated like crap by the public, but now we're treating each other like crap. Jeez, and admins wonder why no one wants to be a cop.

Comment

I hope this helps. This is the training I did for Naloxone:

https://www.pavtn.net/act-139-training

Also, I just did a CPR recert, and Naloxone was included as part of the American Heart Association CPR/AED out on by our department of public safety.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11789 users online. 384 members and 11405 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X