300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academy Starts Soon - What To Wear?

Academy starts very soon and I am trying to decide what to wear the first day. The only information provided from the department is "appropriate business attire". Up til now, they have explicitly detailed what to wear for each part of the recruitment process. I have been unable to get a more detailed direction.

I am thinking of going with a full suit. I am thinking it would be better to be "over dressed than under dressed"? Plus I can just remove the jacket if others are in just slacks, shirt and tie?

Any comments or suggestions? Thanks.

Originally posted by x10
    The only information provided from the department is "appropriate business attire".
    Coat and tie ..

Pretty self-explanatory!!!!!
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Suit and tie. Don't be the guy that doesn't wear one.

BTW, it's ALWAYS better to be over dressed than under dressed.

Comment

Thanks all.......

A suit is what I had planned on wearing, but I just wanted input from others.

I guess I was just a little worried about being the only WITH a suit. Especially after seeing how so many applicants were dressed during others parts of the recruitment process.

Last edited by x10; 04-11-2007, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Wear a suit and tie and some nice looking shoes. Don't go all out and pay a ton of money though. Make sure it's something you don't mind getting a little roughed up.
          I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Shaidon
            Wear a suit and tie and some nice looking shoes. Don't go all out and pay a ton of money though. Make sure it's something you don't mind getting a little roughed up.
            +2 Makes sure it's nothing to overly expensive. I had a nice pair of pants, white shirt from Kohls (department store) and a jacket from goodwill.

Also a little hint might want to wear a light color jacket as lint wont show up on it as much as it will black. Pants you really cant do much with but a light colored jacket will make life easier (if the academy picks on lint).

Comment

Show up just wearing shorts. This way you will make a great first impression.

Just kidding. Wear a suit
              Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Thanks again everyone for all the advice.

Comment

The easy way to find out is call the employment section or ask a cop that went to that academy and just graduated. We all wore slacks, shirt, and tie.....ended up doing pushups and situps and in the front leaning rest while in them.............wow I miss that so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Jiu-Jitsu Cop
                    Show up just wearing shorts. This way you will make a great first impression.

Just kidding. Wear a suit
                    We had a guy in my class do just that! He said he didnt know what to wear, so he figured shorts and a t-shirt would be a good idea!!

We all had on Black shirts, BDU's and boots. Our Director was less than thrilled!
                    “Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
                    ― Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz1028
                      We had a guy in my class do just that! He said he didnt know what to wear, so he figured shorts and a t-shirt would be a good idea!!

We all had on Black shirts, BDU's and boots. Our Director was less than thrilled!
                      I am sure that he made a great impression. I made sure I put just kidding to make sure the guy did not do that.
                      Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

what about women?

to me this seems more complicated. what should a woman wear?

Comment

Originally posted by dory View Post
                          Birthday suits always appreciated! Come on Im playin ova here!

Comment

I am a big fan the collar shirt, tie and a nice pair of slacks that is just me males should always wear a tie.

Comment

Originally posted by dory View Post
                              For the Gals, slacks, matching coat preferably, and blouse./shirt.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7152 users online. 305 members and 6847 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X