300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supplements

Hey guys.. I'm getting ready for my Physical test.. just really want to add alot more upper body strength to me.. I've got PLENTY of leg muscle since Im a big guy .. Though I'm starting to workout.. with benching and stuff.. I'm starting at like 80lbs now.. Darn I know sad huh? Lol.. But I've never upper body strength trained in my life lol.. Anyways.. Suggestion for a muscle supplement that will only benefit my muscles and not my gut? lol.. I'm using low carb isopure now.. Any suggestions?

ive done lower carb diets, watched my sugar intake, and took 3 good servings of whey protein on top of killing myself in the gym with much success using nothing else.

Comment

Isopure is a good protien. You should be getting at least a 1/2 gram of protien per pound of body weight each day. Take the protien immediatly after your workout and another before bedtime. I would suggest taking some creatine to speed up muscle development.
      "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

Vitamins

Other than the high cost of supplements at a bodybuilding shop, check out your local health food store. They have a wide range of vitamins, supplements that are inexpensive.

One supplement i do recommend is creatine. takes time to absorb into your body, but will help. Main point though is to cycle; initial two weeks for proper absorption, two week cycle, one week off. this way you can gauge your progress properly.

More importantly, talk to a local gym rats, preferably powerlifters, with proper training techniques and strategies, u will be able increase size, strength.

Comment

Only use the whey after you are done training as it is a fast acting protein, get a milk or egg protein for during the day-it will help you feel fuller longer as it is a slower acting protein.

Creatine will help too...but it is not magic.

Are you testing for 1rm or a rep test?

Erm

Comment

Well just to let you all know. I've gotten me some creatine.. I work in a bigger mall with a GNC in it.. and I got some "Creatine Burst" Stuff was on the bottom shelf and well hidden from the naked eye Me working in retail I have "Cheapdar" and My eyes went to it.. It was originally priced at 80 dollars.. One of them like 5 lbers.. I got it for 19.97.. 2009 it expires lol.. Anyways I've been using it for 2 days.. and I CAN defiantly feel like I can do more reps..

My test involves

22 push ups in under a minute
            25 sit ups under a minute
            Mile 1 1/2 run 15.28 minutes

Then the obstacle coarse.. I know I can do these.. But I want to do above and beyond.. I'm still working on my upper body strength.. Its weak.. Never ever trained in my life.. I'm large..And have power behind me..But I need more lol.. I need to have the strength it looks like I have..Kno what I mean? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ermantroudt
              Only use the whey after you are done training as it is a fast acting protein, get a milk or egg protein for during the day-it will help you feel fuller longer as it is a slower acting protein.

Creatine will help too...but it is not magic.

Are you testing for 1rm or a rep test?

Erm
              Hey Erm..welcome over here...

Sy
              Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Do you have a training program?

If so what does it look like?

Erm

Comment

Try Standard Process supplements.

Comment

You want atleast 1 g protein / lb of body weight. Get a casien protein for night time, as it's slow digesting and will prevent catabolism (body using muscle break-down for energy during starvation mode/night time). Also, get a good creatine, notice I said good, not el cheapo, that doesn't require a loading phase. Creatine mono requires about 5 days of loading and then maintenance after while also increasing bloating and the puffy look of water retention. Best creatine I found is called Green Magnitude. It's by Controlled Labs, runs about 35 bucks but will last close to 3 months. That has the top 3 creatine products in it. Multi-vitamins are important too. Aside from that, busting your chops in the gym is the key with a healthy diet. Good luck. Any questions, pm me.

Comment

While I do use protein supplements, I really depend on three things for getting what I need: tuna fish, chicken, egg whites.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7489 users online. 416 members and 7073 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X