300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been Tasered?

Our service started using tasers last summer. During the training we had the opportunity to take it or not as it was voluntary. I took the five second ride and swear I will NEVER do it again! It was completely awful and scared the crap out of me!
    However, the Taser is such a wonderful tool and has been used serveral times now to avoid potential high risk situations. Our members think the Taser is a great tool and can't say enough good things about it!

I would rather be tasered again than sprayed. At least when the five seconds were up it was over. I hate that lingering feeling you get from the spray.
    True warriors are fierce because their training is fierce. -Miyamoto Musashi 1645

Lead, follow, or get the out of the way!

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit ......(No one provokes me with impunity)

Comment

the taser SUCKED... Im scared $hitless of them when the guys are playing with the laser on them... I sound like a little girl screaming and running away... hahah.
      X8

Comment

Yup I was tased during my academy. We were the last class to get hit ( Our administration wouldn't let new recruits do it after us). I took the full probe hit/ 5 second ride. All I can say is I would rather get the ride than the OC. OC stuck around for 45 minutes. ugh. Tase me anyday.
        I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

Our department carries them, I love it I have never had to use it though everytime so far that I have put the laser on them instant compliance, in the begining our department used it a lot but them after word got around everyone now just gives up...

I also have had to ride the lighting and never again. I will stop carrying it first, spray me any day over the taser at least I can kind of fight back when sprayed, but the taser leaves me feeling completely helpess and its not a feeling I like....

Mouth

Comment

I took the ride.

It hurt like hell!
            sigpic

Comment

Been tasered twice, both times it wasn't the full shock so I never got the whole amnesia thing you re supposed to get with the 5 sec ride. Absolutely never again. I can put OC on my tacos I've been exposed so many times.

Comment

I have never really heard of amnesia from the 5 second ride. About 24 folks out of my class took the full probe hit and ride. I saw plenty of taser tourettes, but no amnesia 8) And it was all on videotape. That's fun to watch. My family gets a kick out of seeing me get hit heheh.
                Last edited by Shaidon; 01-02-2007, 06:31 PM.
                I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

I took my 5 minute ride today. I tried to mentally prepare myself for it but really, it was WAY beyond anything I expected. I'll take the OC thank you very much. Makes you wonder how guys you see in videos take 5 hits.

Comment

I'm with mouth. I have been through both and that Taser scares the hell out of me. I'll shower in OC before I get Tased again.

BB

Comment

I rode the lightning once no need to do it again for me

Comment

Rode the lightning about a month ago.Won't do it again.But I would rather be Tased than sprayed.OC affects me for several days afterwards.I guess it gets into my dry skin or something.
                        FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

As one of our department taser instrutors, I have taken the full ride from both the M-26 and the X-26. Both feel the same and uncomfortable as heck. For me, the effects of the taser lasted longer then 5 seconds. I felt drained for a few hours afterwards.

Comment

I have taken the 5 second ride from the x26 a couple times. I will never do it again. Seems like atleast 1 out of 3 people I shoot with it end up crapping themselves.

Since being issued the taser guys around the station watch their back bigtime. Paranoia. What a wonderful thing.
                            Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Took the ride twice myself. The second time I was able to stay standing an even take a step.

Still not something I would like to do again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5758 users online. 268 members and 5490 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X