300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defensive tactics instuctors only

I am about to conduct a review of DTs training at my dept.

Please give a brief list of DTs you deliver (i.e. weapon retention, strikes, kicks etc), how often this is delivered in a year per officer (i.e. an officer would do this once a year etc) and the level at which you would describe your dept, i.e. "local law enforcement" or "state police" or "worlds best practice" etc, and finally the number of operational police in your dept.

Thanks in advance.
    The officer doesn't carry his sword in vain, he's a minister of God to carry out justice. Romans 13

My agency sucks when it comes to this, but the Los Angeles Sheriffs Department has an excellent course. Try to see if we can get some LASO guys to post it here.
    Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

PPCT defensive tactics

As with most depts most of us who are instructors wish we did a lot more than we do. I firmly believe in reps reps reps. I start with 200 reps of speed cuffing (which we do the most of in our work) and take downs (wrist lock and iron wrist lock) to finish up the first day. On refreshers, I shorten that to 50 and go over the whole gammet from cuffing to takedowns to strikes to baton to weapons' retention.

I concentrate more on cuffing, takedowns and weapons retention as this seems to be the hardest for some officers to retain...especially the older guys who haven't had training since the 70's and can't even SEE their gear belt....

PM me if you need a lesson plan or help....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5649 users online. 244 members and 5405 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X