Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrections Trainers

Hey All,
    I am a Correctional FTO. Just looking to see what other DOC's use as an FTO/OJT Program and what type of Pre-Service Training New Officers Get.

Also any suggestions on being a better FTO would be greatly appreciated.
    Stay Safe
    And remember that you only have
    1 *

I have never worked in the corrrection division but as a former FTO remember that your trainee is absorbing everything you say and do. He is putting alot of stress on himself so be paitent.
    Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

I'm a Corrections FTO. We are in the process of being sent to an FTO program. It uses Daily Observation Reports to evaluate the progress of your trainees. We also use a combination of policies and procedures from our department in their training. My department pretty much will let me incorporate about anything I want into training. And are pretty good about letting me run the program the way I want. I think being an FTO is just like being a Sergeant lead by example. Make sure you show your trainee how to do things according to policy and have them sign off that they have been shown that way.

Comment

I'm not in the Corrections field, but you can still use this. Show trainee how to do, have trainee tell you how to do, and then have trainee do assigned project. If you see, hear, and do, you'll remember alot more. Good luck, and don't forget to have patience.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5573 users online. 258 members and 5315 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X