300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
    I do not suppose VA Police has a take-home program?
    There are many VA's that do not even have a vehicle, no need for it. However that may vary from Va to Va and what the Hospital Director allows the Chief's to purchase. New Orleans VA has a few vehicles since they closed the hospital down and opened up several out patient clinics around the state.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

VA Police K9 handlers are the only ones with take home vehicles.

Comment

The VA Police Dream

Davocop370, you're exactly right!!! Promises promises, no upgrades after learning to shoot and carry a firearm? There are people at the VA who get a promotion for a lot less!!! How about LEO pay??? I've heard that for years, the VA Police 0083 are not entitled to LEO pay because they don't perform law enforcement duties... it's that simple. It's all talk and no walk, lies and deceit BS. I am and have been outta there... and so much better than pretending to be something that I'm not. You can have all those plastic dressed up people going nowhere.

Comment

I read all of this and I find it somewhat depressing. I don't feel the need to beat a dead horse. Each federal police force (Uniformed Secret Service, Mint Police, etc.) all have different functions and responsibilities. Even though the above mentioned agencies do fall under the LEO Retirement, they all have some drawbacks. As for the VA Police, it all depends on who and where you work. For those of you who are interested, do your research. During an interview, inquire about the philosophy of the department, the chief, and the director. If you are satisfied with the answeres then accept the job offer. If not, go elsewhere. As a VA police officer, I have the same arrest authority in my jurisdiction as a city cop in his city. As a federal police officer, I have the power to remove a firearm from a local and state police officer who come onto federal property. This job is based on your individual goals. Why be depressed about things that we cannot control?

Comment

Originally posted by Primevel View Post
            I read all of this and I find it somewhat depressing. I don't feel the need to beat a dead horse. Each federal police force (Uniformed Secret Service, Mint Police, etc.) all have different functions and responsibilities. Even though the above mentioned agencies do fall under the LEO Retirement, they all have some drawbacks. As for the VA Police, it all depends on who and where you work. For those of you who are interested, do your research. During an interview, inquire about the philosophy of the department, the chief, and the director. If you are satisfied with the answeres then accept the job offer. If not, go elsewhere. As a VA police officer, I have the same arrest authority in my jurisdiction as a city cop in his city. As a federal police officer, I have the power to remove a firearm from a local and state police officer who come onto federal property. This job is based on your individual goals. Why be depressed about things that we cannot control?
            This from a guy whose facility is hiring 5 P/O's.

As a federal police officer, I have the power to remove a firearm from a local and state police officer who come onto federal property.
            Wow, thats a load of BS. Unless your facility is exclusive jurisdiction (which it most likely is not) then you have no authority to disarm anyone unless they are there to get a check up.
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by Primevel View Post
              Fayetteville VA huh. I have heard theres been at least 5 Officers leave within the last 2 months?

I am not sure where you have received your info..besides "LETC" however you can not disarm a local LEO, unless they are armed off-duty and have entered the facility for an appt or other business. I would be very cautious on this issue if you attempted this. I do know that the local police in your area have concurrent jurisdiction.

USSS UD and mint police fall under the LEO retirement? Interesting.
              "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by ten08
                Is Baffa still around? I left ten years ago sick of him. He's a Politico who is only interested in cushy jobs for his buds from secret service. Best way around your problems is to POST Qualify in the State you work in. I've worked at VA Facilities where the Chief wouldn't hire anyone who wasn't POST Qualified. As for money San Francisco and Palo Alto are starting at over $50K if you don't mind $2500 a month rent
                Baffa retired 2 years ago I think. He was a politico but he got the ball rolling on modernizing the VAP. He got them out of the ugly white shirts, got them armed.

Hopefully Eric Holder will be able to do what Reno could not do and force the VAP to go through FLETC and get rid of LETC.

Comment

I Have A Few Questons Aout The Vap. Is Their Pay Scale (leo Or Regular Gs). I've Also Heard That Vap Have Off-duty Status. Is This Ture? Or Is It Based On Where You Work At?

Comment

The pay scale is regular GS wage not LEO scale. VA Police fall under HR218 and thus can carry off duty, however only thier personal weapons, as they cannot take thier duty weapons off station (home). Hope that helps!!!
                    Your Gauging Intelligence From An Ignorant Scale

Comment

Whats type of creds do VA police have?
                      Last edited by dubb18; 01-09-2009, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Not sure what that means exactly! What type of creds???? The police kind!!!
                        Your Gauging Intelligence From An Ignorant Scale

Comment

Originally posted by dubb18 View Post
                          Whats type of creds do VA police have?
                          Who cares.

Comment

It depends on the state.

Here is the thing guys. I worked for the VA Police. If you don't like the crap they give you, do what I did and leave. There is a reason the place is a revolving door in terms or employment. It is not going to change to what you want ever. There is a reason that they do not allow you to do work off of the grounds. The day they allowed you to do work off the property, NONE of you would do work on the property. The mission of the VA Police is to protect the veteran's and the employees at the various stations, not to "help" an officer in trouble across the street or respond to a major incident. The second you leave the property you leave everyone there vulnerable.

Just leave if you have a problem with it.

Comment

Can any one help me. I'm trying to find current information on the VA Police Department in Los Angeles. Where can I find the info at?

Comment

I have actually left Fayetteville. I am now with another VA location. Despite concurrent jurisdiction, if they are there for non-law enforcement purposes, then they have to check their firearms. We have turned away state troopers (who are in full uniform) who were just there to visit a nurse on a ward because they refused to turn in their firearms. As for the Irishlad2nv's comment about receiving my info from "LETC", that is incorrect. I have received it from more reliable sources. Try 0730.

1. Directors are not authorized to bar armed law enforcement officers on official business from entering patient care areas even when the introduction of a weapon into the area is considered hazardous.

I gather that if they are not at the hospital for official business (in uniform or not), they have to check in their weapons (issued or private). That is what I mean when I say we can confiscate local police officer's weapons. Of course that is up to interpretation based on the kind of director each hospital has. I guess I have to be more detailed when posting on this forum. My apologies to those who assumed I meant we could disarm other police officers at random for no reason at all. Thank you for clarifying that up in such a tactful way.

Yes, Fayetteville does have a retention problem and it has nothing to do with the pay. My post has obviously caused a few members to rip on my post. Thats fine. The message is still the same. Do the research on the department prior to joining. I didn't and I ended up transferring.
                                Last edited by Primevel; 01-10-2009, 05:58 AM. Reason: Forgot a sentence

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6357 users online. 442 members and 5915 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X