300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handcuffing Technique

I have a problem with prone handcuffing. I can get the guy on the ground and in the 3-point pin no problem. I just get the position of the cuffs mixed up all the time and end up applying them in the wrong fashion. Any tips or hints you do to help simplify the prone handcuffing technique ?
    "Hey handsome...catch any speeders today" ???

Originally posted by WCJC 30339
    I have a problem with prone handcuffing. I can get the guy on the ground and in the 3-point pin no problem. I just get the position of the cuffs mixed up all the time and end up applying them in the wrong fashion. Any tips or hints you do to help simplify the prone handcuffing technique ?
    Set your handcuffs up prior to putting them in the case. For example: key holes facing each other...then when you apply them, the key holes are ALWAYS on the same side. You have to decide, if you want the key holes facing down toward the ground or toward the suspects head. Facing the ground is easier for "suspect" to pick at..facing his head is obviously harder.
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

verbal commands

Sir
      Use strong verbal commands from a distance of approximately 4-6 feet.

Get the suspect on his knees, cross his ankles, sit back on ankles, hands in the small of the back...

If he complies, you can move in and slowly and safely apply the cuffs as recommended in the other posts...

If he resists, you are far enough away, to come up with another plan including
      1- calling back up
      2- applying chemical agent
      3- brawling him down and getting the cuffs on any which way you can
      10% of the cops do 90% of the work

Comment

It doesn't matter where the key holes are... just get the handcuffs on. So what if it takes you more time to get them off. There is never a rush to get them off, only on. Take your time, speed will come with practice.

Comment

Originally posted by shade34098
          It doesn't matter where the key holes are... just get the handcuffs on. So what if it takes you more time to get them off. There is never a rush to get them off, only on. Take your time, speed will come with practice.
          Having your key holes already set up equals easier application. When you remove them from the case..the rachet side is always facing the suspects wrist.. ready to apply. You don't even have to look at the cuffs. Who said anything about how long it takes to remove them? The important factor is applying them....and if you are in a rush...it sucks if you are trying to get the non rachet side (that doesn't move)....to move.
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6745 users online. 348 members and 6397 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X