300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT in 2 weeks

Defensive tactics in 2 weeks. I have been in one fight in my entire life- it was in gym class about 15 years ago. Any insights or advice on what to expect. Im a little nervous, but still looking forward to learning alot and bettering myself. Again any advice/tips would be appreciated- thanks a bunch...JC
    "Hey handsome...catch any speeders today" ???

I enjoyed our DT classes...they were pretty intense. Most of all, it was a chance to get out of the classroom!! I learned a lot of cool stuff. Pressure points, grappling techniques, how to handcuff in different positions, self-defense and stuff like that. We also got asp training and then it all concluded with a fight with the "redman"!!! That was probably the toughest!! If you are in good shape, it should be fun. I ended the week with some bruises and such, but I enjoyed it. If you get all the techniques down, its a good sense of accomplishment and a confidence booster. Some of the stuff you may never use on the road, some could save your life. Just pay attention and give 110% and you should be fine!
    "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

"Strength is when your body gives out and your heart and your mind take over"

Comment

Concerning the redman fight, is that like a final exam where you gotta put it all together and go hand-to-hand with an instructor ? Im one of the top finishers when we do PT, not an American Gladiator or anything but I hold my own.
      Thanks for the insight bud.....JC
      "Hey handsome...catch any speeders today" ???

Comment

Best advice I can give you is when your the suspect and taken down down go with it. Don't put your arm out to catch yourself. Even if you don't work out on mats hitting the ground will be a lot better than a broken arm. My main DT partner was a guy but they teamed me up with a gal one day. She kept putting her arm out to catch herself ( yes, I know it's a natural reaction.) She ended up with a broken arm and quit the academy because she decided she didn't want to get hurt in the line of work.

Comment

The redman is kinda like the last thing you do. It doesnt how matter how much you learn. they still kick the crap out of you. Its hard to remember all of that stuff while they are on top of you punching you in the head . But it is fun. Just give it your best. Its all about not quitting. Our instructors used to tell us that if you quit in school, you'll quit out on the road. It sounds like you are in good shape. You should have no problems, just be a sponge that week and soak it all up!
          "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

"Strength is when your body gives out and your heart and your mind take over"

Comment

Best advise I have is on your very 1st match you grab the biggest guy in class and go against him.
            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

DT training

Always remember that your Academy training is designed to fill an empty toolbox. You will learn techniques to help you resolve differrent physical encounters, but always remember that you need different tools for different jobs. Also, since you have never really been in a fight before, your only reference will be your training. When you are in a real fight, you can tell yourself that you've seen this before. But only if you take your training seriously. Many instructors will teach you to "do this if they do this." That is not realistic training, but it can be added to your toolbox. Redman gives you an opportunity to use full force techniques, so be sure to strike hard! If you pull your punches and kicks in training, I can assure you that you will pull them in a real fight. If you are justified to use force, use it.
              Jerry
              "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

our DT are pretty weak. Join a Mixed Martial Arts class

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3024 users online. 207 members and 2817 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X