Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you training in dim light conditions?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you training in dim light conditions?

The current newsletter at forcesciencenews.com (#23 not at this link yet)

http://forcesciencenews.com/home/index.html

Has some excellent statistics on Officer involved shootings from several LARGE departments nationwide. The data below shows that 77% of shootings may occur in reduced lighting. Do YOUR guys train for it?

Here's a quote from the article, I encourage everyone here to read it when
    available on their site. Better still join for newsletter distribution.

"Until this research," Aveni says, "performance has never been accurately
    matched to lighting conditions," even though as many as 77 per cent of
    police shootings are believed to occur under some degree of diminished
    lighting."

If you don't see it there I will ask them for permission to either print it here in its entirety, or get permission to email directly.

Regards,

Gary

I agree totally. The problem is being in a department that doesn't do firearms training often enough, let alone in various conditions. Or so I'm told- I'm speaking about my department, of course.
    You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

I'm typing in dim light right now. Does that count?
      "You are always just one bad decision away from unemployment, prison or death."

"My profession dictates that I routinely confront the people that the average citizen fearfully crosses the street to avoid. Then I must endure the criticism of that citizen as he judges my actions from afar."

www.speforums.com

Comment

Dim "light"

Originally posted by spetactical.com
        I'm typing in dim light right now. Does that count?
        No, it sounds like Dim-Wit :-)

Comment

Originally posted by gnappi
          No, it sounds like Dim-Wit :-)
          No, I am pretty sure that is a different class.
          "You are always just one bad decision away from unemployment, prison or death."

"My profession dictates that I routinely confront the people that the average citizen fearfully crosses the street to avoid. Then I must endure the criticism of that citizen as he judges my actions from afar."

www.speforums.com

Comment

We were trained in dim light & no light conditions in my academy and when I practice on my own I like to run a few miles on top of it to simulate stress.
            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

When I ran the Weapon's range back in the mid 70s I made the shifts shoot while working on the outdoor range at least twice per year. I also went with a pass fail system for night shooting. Most people have a tendency to shoot high in subdued light.

Comment

As on operator on the team, we train in low light conditions quite often. Light discipline is a huge training issue with us. Mainly because even in the day time which is when we execute most warrants, most dope houses are blacked out inside so the low light training is good for us.

We do have NVG's so that helps if needed as well.
                There's no substitute for strength,
                and no excuse for a lack of it!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2975 users online. 175 members and 2800 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X