300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rifle training course

I am a Prichard, Al police officer, and lately we have had a couple of shoot outs, with the bad guy using SKS type rifles.
    We have asked the acting chief and captains if we can carry .223 rifles, and they have replied yes, but our department does not have a rifle qualification course.
    Is there someplace that I can call or write to that has a rifle certification course guidelines that our department can adopt?

Rifle training

Most of the big name schools offer a course, but you can probably get an NRA law enforcement rifle operator class cheaper and faster. Contact NRA and see who is in your area.
    Jerry
    "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

www.ntoa.org
      Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

Training Associations

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

American Society law Enforcement Training www.aslet.org

National Tactical Officer Association www.ntoa.org

Illinois Police Instructor Trainers Association www.ipita.net

High Liability Instructors http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HLInstructors

North East Multi-Regional Training, Inc. http://www.nemrt.com

Federal Law Enforcement Training Center www.fletc.gov

International Law Enforcement Educators Trainers Association www.ileeta.org

Why you NEED to be an ILEETA Member!!

* FREE subscription to ILEETA's official quarterly periodical, The ILEETA
        Digest, which is sent to all members via US Mail and e-mail - with NO
        ADVERTISING!

* FREE subscription to The ILEETA e-Bulletin, which is periodically sent
        via e-mail and includes either late breaking or timely information.

* FREE subscription to each annual issue of The ILEETA Chronicle.

* FREE subscription to Police and Security News.

* FREE subscription to Law and Order Magazine.

* FREE subscription to Police Magazine.

* FREE subscription to Law Officer Magazine.

* FREE subscription to Presentations Magazine (if you qualify).

* FREE subscription to The Use of Force Journal.

* FREE one-year Membership in the American Womens Self-Defense Association
        (AWSDA) to all ILEETA Members.

* Access to the

Comment

Rifle courses

Originally posted by msouzajr
          I am a Prichard, Al police officer, and lately we have had a couple of shoot outs, with the bad guy using SKS type rifles.
          We have asked the acting chief and captains if we can carry .223 rifles, and they have replied yes, but our department does not have a rifle qualification course.
          Is there someplace that I can call or write to that has a rifle certification course guidelines that our department can adopt?
          You may also look into neighbouring jurisdictions to see if any of them have a rifle qualification course.

I don't think I would recommend adopting service rifles (for legal reasons) if you don't have a certified instructor teaching the course. We have too many Lawyers out there to make self training worth it.

What would be reasonable request of your department is to assign an officer to go to an NRA Instructor Development school. You could then get your own qualification course going locally, and probably save your department a lot of
          money on travel, and lodging for individual officers. See:

http://www.nrahq.org/law/training/instructorschools.asp

They have Patrol Rifle, Select Fire, and Precision (scoped) rifle courses.

The initial course you select could be picked on the type of shooting you'd best "guess" would fit your needs. After taking the first course, your designated officer can go to the other two courses to maintain their instructor status. BTW, after retirement, these schools "should" quallify you
          for a civilian instructor in most jurisdictions for a license to teach armed security AND get you in the door for certain types of Federal Instruction roles.

At any rate...

After you qualify I would encourage you to look into local civilian rifle and shotgun matches. Some are VERY good training.

Regards,

Gary

Comment

The SigArms Academy in New Hampshire has an excellent Law Enforcement Rifle Instructor course. It's one week long and they provide all the ammo. You can bring any kind of rifle with you - it doesn't need to be a SigSauer.

If you need help convincing your department to approve rifles, or you need some lesson plans, go to mobrien316.com and I may be able to help.
            Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5280 users online. 286 members and 4994 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X