300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock pick training

Anyone know where I can aquire some basic lock picking training? I'm just looking to learn how to do some basic lock picking, like on residential entry door locks. I figure knowing how to pick some of these locks would come in handy and save at least a few doors from having to be kicked open.

So far, the only lock picking training I have found is for people interested in a career in locksmithing.
    "Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you do criticize him, you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes."

Lock picking is an art. I was a locksmith for 2 years, but I only worked in the shop. Depending uopn the brand/style of lock, it can take anywhere from a few hours of practice to months of practice to get it figured out. My boss was a Locksmith for like 20 years and there were instances where after an hour or so of picking he would just have to drill the lock out! It is a LOT more difficult than it looks on TV/movies, just like being a cop is.

Comment

I'd be happy if I could just learn to pick most of the basic, low-end entry locks (like Kwikset type locks). Those seem to be the most common type of locks I encounter.
      "Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you do criticize him, you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes."

Comment

If you are sworn, try NIA, National Intelligence Academy. It is part of IST, International Surveillance Technologies. I've completed basic thru advanced.
        Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

Originally posted by Chase View Post
          I'd be happy if I could just learn to pick most of the basic, low-end entry locks (like Kwikset type locks). Those seem to be the most common type of locks I encounter.
          Kwikset locks are most easily defeated by pulling the core. If you're sworn, you can provide a copy of your credentials with your order to one of several suppliers to get the equipment that you need. If you prefer to pick the lock, it's not too difficult. A standard lock pick set will cost around $40 and with a few hours of practice, you should get the hang of it.
          Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

As Rich said, it is an art to pick good locks, and takes a lot of practice and effort. That being said, most of the crap-cheap locks people have on their doors are easily picked. Search Google and you'll find literally dozens of how to write ups, and videos on YouTube. For learning how to pick a "Good" lock, you'll need formal training.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9729 users online. 319 members and 9410 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X