300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for good lesson plans for Active shooter training

I would appreciate any help with obtaining good lesson plans for a good active shooter class.
    From classroom to/ or practical exercises would be appreciated.
    SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
    SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2016, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $400 to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

I would first look to DHS/FPS who has developed and implemented training for both occupants and first responders. More so if you have .gov facilities around. How better to synchronize response measures.

For occupants- look to the FEMA Independent Study Program, where you will find a response to active shooters training program.

If you are near the Navy base, see if you can work with their cops who may have taken the Security First Responder and/or the Active Shooter Response Course provided by NCIS. Another way to synchronize. While they may not be able to give you the “lesson plans” they should be able to help.

I take it your SWAT/SRT- do you have a consortium or association that you participate in?
    Originally posted by SSD
    It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

NTOA- but I am looking for a course for patrol/ first responders to include fire and EMS.
      I don't care much for the DHS courses I've looked at thus far.
      SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2016, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $400 to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Check with the FBI office in your state they are teaching Active shooter Classes

Check out www.fletc.gov www.lawenforcementtraining.net

Comment

Check out www.ntoa.org

Comment

You want to include FD and EMS? Most municipalities leave them out for a reason, they have no business being in an active shooter scenario.

Any type of operational training should be for PD, bottom line. EMS requires a safe scene, and FD isn't going to enter with the scene being completely secure.

Now if you wanted to do an awareness course for the other first responders, that's a great idea.

If you need some more direction, you can feel free to PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by wnt2bacop View Post
              You want to include FD and EMS? Most municipalities leave them out for a reason, they have no business being in an active shooter scenario.

Any type of operational training should be for PD, bottom line. EMS requires a safe scene, and FD isn't going to enter with the scene being completely secure.

Now if you wanted to do an awareness course for the other first responders, that's a great idea.

Some jurisdictions include EMS/Fire to coordinate how casualties are handled on scene. They're not necessarily part of the "fight", they're there to help get folks cleaned up and patched up. Other jurisdictions are prepping fire to respond should a fire occur while the PD is working to end the active shooter incident.
              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

We are including them because newer tactical plans call for creating "warm" zones where fire and ems can work on vics while being covered by a LEO. It doesn't put them into the kill zone, just helps to get them into secured areas to treat/ evac casualties sooner.
                THAT is what I am looking for.
                SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

Comment

Originally posted by wnt2bacop View Post

If you can integrate them, do it. Working with fire and EMS during an active shooter is the goal. Odds are the PD is not going to have the manpower or training to handle all the casualties. As far as scene safety/secure, that is why you train on the front side.
                  "Do not be deceived:Bad company corrupts good morals."
                  1 Corinthians 15:

You are the weapon, everything else is just a tool

Comment

Originally posted by swat_op506 View Post
                    We are including them because newer tactical plans call for creating "warm" zones where fire and ems can work on vics while being covered by a LEO. It doesn't put them into the kill zone, just helps to get them into secured areas to treat/ evac casualties sooner.
                    This is the way our pd trains for active shooters. I'll pm you.
                    Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

Originally posted by swat_op506 View Post
                      I like the idea of designating a zone for that. I think that will be a huge fail when it comes to getting inured from the exit to the EMS staging without prior designation. On top of that depending on the distance from scene to the warm zone what kind of transportation are you considering the immediate exterior and just having LE as perimeter.
                      Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

You're not a cop. Get out of here.
                        Post reported.

Comment

Who you throwing a shinebox on?
                          Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Originally posted by JDCOP View Post
                            Who you throwing a shinebox on?
                            Not you, he got hit by the Black Helo. Damn quick too!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9961 users online. 431 members and 9530 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X