300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock Armorer Training

Has anyone done this? I am asking because we are a small department, with no armory, and my Chief has asked if I am interested. We see it as a benefit to have a certified armorer here. I don't believe any agencies in the my county have a Glock armorer, though I may be wrong. PM me with details.

Thanks -John
    Ask them, Tell them, Make them.

I did the training in 2004 and re-certed two years ago. It is only eight hours, but they pretty much give you all you need. The Glock is relatively simple; with the manuals they provide, it is easy to figure out. The best part is the discounts they give the armorers.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Excellent training. Certified Glock Armorers can order replacement parts at a discount directly from Glock. I'd do it, especially if the department is paying.
      Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm the gun guru of the department, so Chief has thrown the idea out there for me. Unfortunately, there seems to be minimal classes in NC. SC classes would be closer to me.

Comment

FiVo3,

Another way to do it is to have your agency host the training event and have your neighboring agencies' officers to attend at your location.

Comment

Originally posted by M1garand View Post
            FiVo3,

Another way to do it is to have your agency host the training event and have your neighboring agencies' officers to attend at your location.
            We are looking into that. I am going to call the rep this week. We have everything asked for on the sheet except for a range. Ill ask to see if it is imperative to have a range for an armorers class.

Comment

Originally posted by FiVo3 View Post
              We are looking into that. I am going to call the rep this week. We have everything asked for on the sheet except for a range. Ill ask to see if it is imperative to have a range for an armorers class.
              They usually like to piggy back an IDW (Instructor Development Workshop) with an Armorers Class. Cool part is that the hosting agency gets a free seat in both the Armorers Class and IDW.
              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Great info HI629. Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9929 users online. 457 members and 9472 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X