300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taser Instructor Class

I am being forced to go to Taser Instructor class in April. I wanted to know if you have to get tased for the full 5 seconds? I don't think you don't have to. I am looking for some info on the two day class.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

Taser no longer requires the hit. It is called 'voluntary exposure'; if you do take the hit and are able to ask the instructor to turn it off he will.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Okay, thanks for the heads up.
      "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill

P.C. 832

Glock and AR-15 Armor

Comment

I've been to the taser instructor class I hadn't been exposed, so me and three other LEO's who hadn't been exposed took the ride, the rest of the class who had been exposed did not take the ride again. I had a good instructor and I liked the class, learned alot and spend more time doing drills and practicing skills and seeing how to effectively deploy a taser. I would recommend the class its full of good knowlege but again it can depend on your instructor.

Comment

I took the class, and it was great training. I was the only one in our class to take the ride, and I'm glad I did. Sure, it hurts, but I think knowing what it feels like is a major advantage; especially if I ever have to testify on why I tased someone.

I have actually volunteered for another exposure since then. I can now tell you that the X26 and X2 feel the same!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10971 users online. 517 members and 10454 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X