300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with criminal

I am looking for the old interview with the criminal where he explains that he didn't assault two officers that looked squared away but assaulted the other because he was "sloppy and out of shape". I need it for a presentation on officer presence. I have tried google and can't seem to find it. Any ideas?

Sir-
    That sounds like material from the FBI study on assualted officers. I can't find my copy but I recall it being about 10 yrs old. Call any university Criminal Justice library (esp. the one at Rutgers-Newark) and the librarian will tell you the name off the top of her head. It's a widely read and cited study.

Good Luck
    10% of the cops do 90% of the work

Comment

Thank you, I never thought of that.

Comment

Google felonious assaults on law enforcement officers
        For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

If you ever find it please let us know what its called. I'd like to take a look at that.

Comment

I talked to the criminal justice librarian and she found it for me. "Violent encounters: a study of felonious assaults on our nations officers" FBI study published 2006. It is a huge read but a good one.

Comment

Just saw similar footage, this week, in the current FBI LEOKA seminar put on by former Ukiah (CA) PD Sgt. Marcus Young. Young was almost killed by some turd, and now presents on this topic.

That footage, though, is limited ONLY to the seminar, and not to be passed around due to privacy concerns.

Here's their link: http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/pu...ety-initiative

You can book a presentation to yours and surrounding agencies.
              Last edited by Kieth M.; 11-11-2011, 07:19 PM.
              "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6733 users online. 301 members and 6432 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X