300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One officer high risk stops

For those of you working in areas where backup is non-existent or to far away to be reliable what do you do for felony stops? I always used to do the 3 car, walk them to you and detain/search/interview one at a time but I can see where that wouldn't be safe for one officer. Ideas? Suggestions?

I think we are both in the same situation and sometimes we do what we have to do. I work for a very rural SO with usually 2 Deputies working (deputy and sgt), so its a bit different that PD in terms of backup.

There have been times that I will have dispatch contact the next jurisdiction to let them know what I am planning on doing but I need another unit for assistance.
    "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by walls3 View Post
      For those of you working in areas where backup is non-existent or to far away to be reliable what do you do for felony stops? I always used to do the 3 car, walk them to you and detain/search/interview one at a time but I can see where that wouldn't be safe for one officer. Ideas? Suggestions?

You are not going to get many answers about tactics on an open forum.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I kinda figured as much. There's no locked section here for verified LEOs is there?

Comment

There is no locked or secure forum in which to discuss tactical operations that could be used against you. I would suggest picking up any one of several books on the subject; one example is Advanced Vehicle Stops. While I may not agree 100% with another persons tactical approach, I can often learn something.
          Originally posted by SSD
          It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
          Originally posted by Iowa #1603
          And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9373 users online. 438 members and 8935 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X