Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI Defensive Tactics Instructors

Hello,

Our department recently switched to FBI Defensive Tactics.

Unfortunately the FBI is not too big on student manuals apparently.

I am looking for electronic versions of defense manuals other have developed, so I can shamelessly plagiarize without reinventing the wheel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! - Robert

I'd say poor planning on your departments part. What agency switches programs without manuals, lesson plans etc in place. How many sworn in your dept?
    Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

Joined in May

1 post

An electronic version of a defensive tactics program?

Sure thing Bob- it's on the way. Because so many departments have defensive tactics programs and we switch so often- especially to programs for which we have no literature.
      10% of the cops do 90% of the work

Comment

Originally posted by 1911user View Post
        I'd say poor planning on your departments part. What agency switches programs without manuals, lesson plans etc in place. How many sworn in your dept?
        Thank you for the support.

You have read a lot into my simple request for an electronic version of an FBI Defensive Tactics Manual.

Our agency does have Instructor's Manuals, lesson plans, etc already in place.

The FBI provides everything with certification except an updated student manual. This is because each department and associated policies are different and FBI DT allows leeway to accommodate that.

In regards to poor planning, I would disagree it is poor planning on my departments part, but rather mine.

A decision was made to change to FBI DT, and we are in the process of developing our own program and tweaking the lesson plans. This will be done before we start formal training.

The poor decision on my part was apparently asking for assistance in this forum.

We are certainly able to develop a student manual from scratch. However, I mistakenly assumed other officers who teach FBI DT may have material to help a brother agency.

Then again, that may still be true, because from your comments, it is clear you are not an instructor in FBI DT or would have been aware of what I was asking for, and why. That is why my post was titled "FBI Defensive Tactics Instructors" so I would attract the audience with the knowledge to assist with my request.

Comment

You are welcome Bob, always glad to help.

That said, I believe I answered properly, based on the facts given. First off...I am an instructor, NYS DCJS certified. I'm only in my 33rd year of policing and still don't know it all, prolly never will, but I keep an opened mind and keep on learning. From my point of view, your question to the members was...may be not as clear as you believed it to be. It just seems odd that someone or an agency would implement a tactics (or other training program) without already having the answers you seek.

Now, had you taken the time to explain your agency's plans as you did in your reply, all this would not have been necessary. Good Luck my friend.
          Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11638 users online. 451 members and 11187 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X