Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Online Counterfeit ID Course (verified LEO only)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Online Counterfeit ID Course (verified LEO only)

This is an 100% online course that you can take at anytime. Only verified LEO's can be accepted to the course. To be verified, you must do the following:

1) create a free account at www.speclass.com
    2) send an email to [email protected] with the following information: name, agency, contact phone number for you and your agency.

*If you send me the email from your agency server, I can verify almost immediately. Once you are verified, I will add your name to the class roster and you will have access (this is why you have to create a username and password on the site first)

The Course

There are literally millions of counterfeit immigration documents (aka “green cards”) and foreign driver licenses being utilized in the United States. This course will show the student how to identify counterfeit documents in the field. The course will also clear up any misconceptions that a law enforcement officer has about the validity of foreign driver’s licenses being used in the United States.

The class will specifically address the following: 1) laws related to the use of foreign drivers licenses in the United States; 2) handling conflicts between U.S. treaties and state laws; 3) identifying counterfeit U.S. immigration documents; 4) visas and the visa waiver program; 5) identifying counterfeit foreign driver licenses; 6) Mexican government issued identifications; 7 ) preparing a counterfeit ID case; 8) how to locate and investigate counterfeiting operations.
    Students who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate with a unique serial number.
    "We are all just one bad decision away from unemployment, prison, or death."- I tell this to all my new deputies.

Great Course. Loads of good information included. Thanks for putting this togather spetac

Comment

I am glad that you found it useful. I used to travel around and teach this course before converting it into an online format. In these tough economic times most agencies have severely cut their training budgets so I decided to make this course free to help my fellow LEO's out there.

In my jurisdiction we routinely make arrests for possession of counterfeit immigration documents and Mexican driver licenses. This year I have been focusing more on the counterfeiting rings themselves and I have already arrested three counterfeiters in the past few months. They were all making about $500+ a day manufacturing and selling identifications to undocumented immigrants.
      "We are all just one bad decision away from unemployment, prison, or death."- I tell this to all my new deputies.

Comment

If you sent a verification request for access to the course within the last week, I am just getting to those today. I was out of the country and just got back.

Comment

Thanks for this course, the information in it was great. And it has already proven itself usefull to my agency. I'd also like to add that the information was presented in a way that made each minute of the videos interesting. I don't think I've enjoyed any other on-line training as much as this throughout my career. Again, great job.

Comment

Isn't this just another ploy to collect information?
            Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 09-12-2011, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
              Isn't this just another ploy to collect information?
              I am not sure where you are going with this. The site does not use any personnel information for any solicitation and I do not share it with any other entity.

Perhaps some history of the site would help. I originally created the site in 2008 to provide Florida Legal training to the deputies assigned to me. It allowed me to cover a wide range of topics and the deputies could access the information from their laptops. When they called with questions, I would often say, "go read the site." I had so many requests for access, that I starting allowing law enforcement officers from across my county to use it.

The site later expanded to Spanish training to help my own agency and a short time later I made it available to agencies across the United States. I routinely receive emails from agencies thanking me for the Spanish course and over 2000 people have taken it.

As for the course mentioned in this thread, I am considered an expert in counterfeit IDs and foreign documents (in particular those from Mexico). I used to travel around teaching about this topic to make some extra money. I created a web version of the training for my own agency because it was easier than trying to conduct live sessions for over 1000 sworn. We routinely make arrests for possession of counterfeit immigration documents and foreign driver licenses and the number of arrests has increased due to the online course.

When the economy crashed and other agencies' training budgets dried up, I decided to do my part to help out. I started giving free access to verified law enforcement officers. I have to ask for the information in order to verify their identity. If they send the information via a secure agency server, this makes the job much easier.

Well, that was the history lesson. If you are paranoid that the corporate machine has created the training site just to obtain your precious work email address (which is public information in my state), then by all means stay away.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6648 users online. 153 members and 6495 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X