Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is a good source for PowerPoint Training?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is a good source for PowerPoint Training?

Im trying to find a good source where I might be able to find a variety of L.E. related powerpoint presentations?

Originally posted by Powell415 View Post
    Im trying to find a good source where I might be able to find a variety of L.E. related powerpoint presentations?
    Depending on the topic, depth and audience, you may be best served developing your own tailored presentations. If you are not familiar with Power Point, now is a great opportunity to develop this critical skill. If you are in the position that I was once in and don’t yet have the capability or acumen to develop a good presentation, the following may help.

If you are not already a user, you may want to register for LEO (Law Enforcement Online). This site is run by the FBI and is available to qualified law enforcement personnel.

Once registered, there is a wealth of training information available in the eLearning section. There you will find training on nearly every law enforcement and cross-community matters. In addition, there are links to state training agencies. Within this section are topics from community policing to homicide; robbery to traffic control.

Also, a great point-of-contact is:

James Simmerman, PSI-SIG Moderator and Director of Training
    Saline County Criminal Justice Training Center
    Marshall, Mo. 65340
    660-886-7984 (direct telephone number)
    [email protected] (secure e-mail)
    [email protected] (e-mail)

James is a great resource for training across the spectrum. He is a steady contributor to the LEO enterprise and has helped me in previous training initiatives.

More on LEO Membership

Membership Criteria

General Membership

Law Enforcement Online (LEO) will accept and approve members affiliated with the criminal justice system, intelligence communities, military personnel and governmental agencies associated with infrastructure protection of the United States. Other individuals will be considered on a case by case basis as determined by their role offering direct support to the Criminal Justice System.

The Criminal Justice System consists of law enforcement agencies, to include campus police departments, correction agencies, probation and parole entities and prosecuting attorney’s office on the federal, state or local levels.

-Intelligence analysts from federal, state or local agencies will be accepted as members. Intelligence analysts working as contractors will be reviewed on an individual case by case basis.

-Active duty military will be accepted as members. Soldiers in a Reserve or National Guard status will be reviewed on an individual case by case basis.

-Emergency Management Personnel will be considered on an individual case by case basis. Emergency Personnel include, but are not limited to, Public Safety Directors/Commissioners and employees of state and local emergency management offices.

LEO Program Management Office (PMO) reserves the right to allow temporary membership access to LEO for individuals who are participating in special events, exercises, natural disasters or training exercises with the time period of membership to be determined by the PMO.

Sponsored Membership

Contracted employees or non government employees with roles offering direct support of the Criminal Justice System. Individuals whose positions are with Federal Government Information Technology (IT) systems will be permitted access to LEO. They must be sponsored by a bonafide law enforcement official.

Individuals, not employed by a law enforcement agency, who are working as Intelligence Analysts for federal, state or local agencies must be sponsored by a bonafide law enforcement official.

International Membership

Sworn officers and intelligence analysts of foreign law enforcement agencies are eligible for LEO membership. All international applicants must be vetted through the corresponding FBI Legal Attaché (LEGAT) office. Non-Sworn employees from a foreign law enforcement agency will be considered on an individual case by case basis and must be sponsored as indicated above.

Law Enforcement Sensitive Communications Access

Any duly sworn law enforcement official from a law enforcement agency, whether federal, state, local or tribal, will be approved for Law Enforcement Sensitive Communications (LESC) Special Interest Group (SIG) membership. Intelligence analysts will be permitted access to LESC SIG. International sworn law enforcement officers will be permitted access to LESC SIG on an individual case by case basis.

Visit http://www.leo.gov for registration paperwork and further instructions.

As membership is subject to verification, so is continued access to LEO. One benefit to LEO is that you know that 99.999% of users are vetted law enforcement officials.

Within LEO are various sub-groups, forums and special interest groups that are specific to areas and subjects of interest. While some SIGs are open to any LEO member, others are closed; requiring permission from the moderators. LEO is not a public access system.
    Originally posted by SSD
    It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Yea, Im suppose i've got my powepoint skills up to par, just wanting some ideas for topics. Im starting a training program from scratch and just needed good topics to start out with. I've faxed my stuff in with leo.gov friday, just waiting on a response... any idea how long it will take?

Comment

Originally posted by Powell415 View Post
        Yea, Im suppose i've got my powepoint skills up to par, just wanting some ideas for topics. Im starting a training program from scratch and just needed good topics to start out with. I've faxed my stuff in with leo.gov friday, just waiting on a response... any idea how long it will take?
        LEO is the government, but they are quick. I would expect a pack to come in via US Mail in about a week +/-; provided they are still mailing out the welcome aboard packs.

If you PM me a work email address and a wish-list of training stuff, I will see what I have.
        Originally posted by SSD
        It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
        Originally posted by Iowa #1603
        And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Consider joining ILEETA. One of the many benefits of ILEETA, is access to 100's of powerpoint presentations. lesson plans, etc on the secure section of their website.

Comment

The ideas for topics are things that you know best and can clearly impart to an audience.

"write what you know about"~ Mark Twain
            10% of the cops do 90% of the work

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9965 users online. 377 members and 9588 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X