Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeast Counterdrug Training Center

Northeast Counterdrug Training Center Courses and Schedule

NCTC offers tuition-free training to qualified LE. Visit https://www.trainingforce.com/members/nctc.htm for the course schedule.
    Originally posted by SSD
    It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Has anyone been to their basic narcotics investigator course? I see that if you take it at Ft. Indiantown Gap they have lodging? That is free of cost as well??

Comment

Northeast Counterdrug Training Center

I took Basic Warrant Execution through them at Volk Field in Wisconsin. Yeah, it does sound too good to be true, but it is great training and when I went it was free lodging, free chow, and tuition free. Basically your cost is your time away from work and the cost of getting there. Don't even give it a second thought. If you are interested in a class, just do it. You won't regret it.
      Last edited by Jim1648; 11-10-2013, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Just do it!

Comment

These Counter Drug training centers are GREAT.

I have trained at the Midwest Counter Drug TC and yes usually if your home base is 50 or more miles from the training location they pay for your lodging.

http://counterdrugtraining.com/%28X%...ookieSupport=1

EDIT:

I see by looking at the course schedule that MCTC isn't paying for lodging right now----------------must have lost some of their funding
          Last edited by Iowa #1603; 11-11-2013, 09:16 PM.
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Mcheeks23 View Post
            Has anyone been to their basic narcotics investigator course? I see that if you take it at Ft. Indiantown Gap they have lodging? That is free of cost as well??
            Yes- it is indeed all covered. The only “expense” to your home agency is getting you there any paying your wages while attending.

They are not alone in offering a “full ride” for training. Rather than post an extensive list that is subject to change- do some Google-foo. These offerings are usually limited to non-federal students due to grant funding conditions (as most are federally funded).

Look to DHS, FEMA and DOJ for a variety of offerings. You can and should reach out to the SAC of your local/regional FBI, BATFE, and DEA field offices as they often provide free training.

I posted this a while ago- along with countless other training opportunities for this very reason; to share. Unfortunately I am no longer focused on training and liaison so I am somewhat out of the loop. Do some homework and share what you come up with!
            Originally posted by SSD
            It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
            Originally posted by Iowa #1603
            And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Took the Narco-terrorism course there last year. Excellent facility and courses!

Comment

In the think-outside-the-box department, their Photosurveillance-Digital course is obviously meant for someone with a camera in-hand, but I think I could learn things that could help with the IR cams I use:
                • Low light Photography
                • Night vision photography
                • Basic introduction to Adobe Photoshop Elements
                That last part alone could be worth the trip. Right now, I can get some improvements to images with PSE, but I think I could get more out of it if I knew more about it.

Doesn't look like the course is on the current schedule, though.
                --
                Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5057 users online. 306 members and 4751 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X