Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know of any good SWAT training schools?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know of any good SWAT training schools?

I have been searching the web and a few ones have popped out at me. If anyone has had any good experiences with a certain school, please post it or send me a pm. Thanks and stay safe

Check with the Federal Law Enfocement Training Center (FLETC). They are always hosting courses and the best thing is, the courses are free.

Comment

SWAT Training

Check National Tactical Officer Association www.ntoa.org

Comment

DARC (darcy) in LittleRock, Ar is hardcore. It's run by John Hickman. It's a private training ground and fairly expensive, but it's worth it. Make sure you are in top shape before you go. 16 - 18 hour days are the norm.

NWLTA in Bossier City, La is good. It's run by the Bossier Parrish SO and they offer basic and advanced SWAT a couple of times a year. The classes are usually free and they're very professional. The instructors train with different agencies all over the country and they really know their sh**.

The FBI puts on SWAT courses in different areas every once in a while. The one I went to was in Ft. Smith a couple of years ago. They had several qualified instructors, class was free. You might call your local FBI office and ask them when the next one is.

Comment

USA Shooting Academy in Tulsa ok has some pretty serious courses. Some US military Spec-ops types use them as well as Some companies Like Blackwater Etc. BUT bring your Checkbook!!!!

Comment

Check the Midwest Counter Drug Center in Johnston, Iowa (Des Moines).

Just had some guys from one of my prior Sheriff's Dept. go up there and they said the training was great....

http://www.counterdrugtraining.com/

Comment

Check out LEAD Consultants at www.leadconsultants.org. They are all active duty LAPD SWAT Officers with a tremendous amount of experience. They also offer other various swat related classes and I can vouch that they are some of the best classes out there. If you have any other questions about them please feel free to respond or PM me.

Comment

I went through Baltimore County...It was good. They played mind games like every other school, but when it was time to train you trained, you paid for your mistakes LATER not while training. It cost 50 dollars, its hard though. Started with 31 graduated 14. Delaware State Police send their guys through Baltimore County also, so I know they take out of state.

Alot of agencies host them, here in Maryland I know Howard County, Prince George's County, Calvert County, Baltimore County all host schools.
                Last edited by Sheepdog132; 10-18-2009, 07:51 PM.
                Both of you shut up...I can only listen to one person lie to me at a time!

Comment

I appreciate the input from everyone, thank you.

Comment

If this is for departmental training vs individual training contact Columbus Ohio PD SWAT. They used to training for other departments and I believe they still do. They were part of a group in our area that trained with Midwest Tactical Institute and they have refined the training from there. They're very good.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5865 users online. 232 members and 5633 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X