300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTO Program Help

Looking for some information on Seaport Police Field Training. We have started a new Police Department (Port Canaveral, Fl) and I am putting the Field Training Program together. We are only hiring experienced officers for now, to alleviate the normal street cop stuff. I am very well versed in Maritime LE work and Seaport LE, but am looking for any info on an established program. Topics, specific DOR requirements, length of training, etc. Any help appreciated.

Sgt. Marc Kovacs
    Port Canaveral Police
    [email protected]

I know this is an old post, but in case anyone else is looking. www.nafto.org has some great information. The board members have a lot of experience and can help point you in the right direction.

To help get things going you could use a police FTO software program that already has the forms established. We have a basic setup ready to use out of the box.
    Love the job, but hate the paperwork!

My favorite Field Training Program | FTO Software . Customizable for Police, Corrections, Dispatch, and EMS, but not priced to break the training budget. Annual Performance Evaluations don't have to be that hard either.

Comment

The following link to Virginia DCJS may help:
      http://www.dcjs.virginia.gov/standar...g/officers.cfm

Also, try the International Association of Airport and Seaport Police:
      http://www.interportpolice.org/
      Last edited by sgt jon; 06-06-2011, 01:47 PM.
      Originally posted by SSD
      It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
      Originally posted by Iowa #1603
      And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7705 users online. 388 members and 7317 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X