300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academy Question

She you take a break in training before the academy starts or should you keep up the hard work on into the academy date? So I guess what I am asking is should you give yourself maybe a week to rest before the academy starts?
    Last edited by Sum10; 08-11-2009, 07:24 PM.
    "Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

Joshua 1:9

I totally agree. Thanks for the input! I might take an extra day off before nothing to long.
    "Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

Comment

Don't stop altogether, but definitely use the 5-7 days before the academy to relax and rest. No high-intensity cardio or weight lifting. Run a couple miles and do some isometric work. The 1st weeks of the academy WILL be rough wherever you go and you will need to be in top shape.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. Could you answer me this.....I have been running 3 miles a day and eating healthy. I have really bad knee problems so I make sure to stretch really good before and after I run walk before and after I run and even ice them after. I am still experiencing weak knees, is there anything you could suggest or should I see a doctor before the academy date?

Comment

No expert here, but I would have gone to the Doctor a long time ago if I knew I had weak knees. Could be something very easy to correct or may be uncorrectable. Knee brace may help. I just started about a week ago having problems with my left hip after about 15 minutes of running, I'm hoping with three/four days off of doing any type of workout will correct it, if not I'm going to the Doctor as my Academy starts in about 7 weeks.

Comment

Yes I have went to the doctor in high school and they told me that I have tendinitis, and it will never go away. So I have been dealing with the pain, icing after every run and stretching before and after as well. At this present moment I am not having that bad of problems with my knees. My left calf has been tightening up after every run. I took yesterday off and was going to try and run today but the tightness is unbearable. I am going to continue stretching and hope time will heal this. I just don't want to get hurt before the academy that would be BAD!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8658 users online. 381 members and 8277 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X