300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highway Drug Interdiction

Lately I've been riding with a guy who is into highway drug interdiction. Anybody know of some good training sites or books? I've seen numerous advertisements on the web, but Im not sure which are good and which arent. Any info would be great.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Check your PM Box
    sigpic

Comment

good question, was wondering the same
      Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

http://www.thebackup.com/Vehicle-Sto...tions-P34.aspx

Comment

Don't know where you are at and I haven't been to this class at MCTC.

http://www.counterdrugtraining.com/d...104&menusubid=

All of the other classes I have been to have been very good. Plus....FREE!!!
          Except for your gas to get there and your time. They don't pay you wages. Very good training.

Comment

I don't know anything about those other classes, but I will tell you this; at the end of June, my agency sponsored a Desert Snow class here in San Diego. During the 40 or so days since then, my station has caught 600+ lbs of coke, 20+ pounds of heroin, almost 80 lbs of crystal, and about $30K in cash.

That's from about 10 guys at just one of the eight stations in San Diego... I think that training was more than worth it!
            Last edited by madchiken; 08-08-2009, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
              I don't know anything about those other classes, but I will tell you this; at the end of June, my agency sponsored a Desert Snow class here in San Diego. During the 40 or so days since then, my station has caught 600+ lbs of coke, 20+ pounds of heroin, almost 80 lbs of crystal, and about $30K in cash.

That's from about 10 guys at just one of the eight stations in San Diego... I think that training was more than worth it!
              Thats some nice work Madchiken~
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                Thats some nice work Madchiken~
                I work with a great group of guys!

Comment

MCTFT out of Florida travels to train, took it from them...awesome class!

Comment

This is probably the best text book on interdiction I've read. After 7 years of LE and having taken several interdiction classes I picked this book back up off my shelf and can now recognize the wealth of information it holds.

Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

By far, the best interdiction school, EVER!!! The instructor is excellent, and makes you want to skip breaks and lunch, during the instruction. He makes it very interesting..

http://www.criminaladdiction.com/

Comment

Thanks for the kudos bigpoppaproppy!

All our training is free. Check us out at www.mctft.com. Hope this helps!

Comment

Not sure where you are, but my agency is sponsoring an Interdiction class and Hidden compartments class in April. The company is http://www.hits-training.com
                          Both of you shut up...I can only listen to one person lie to me at a time!

Comment

Originally posted by leesrt View Post
                            This is probably the best text book on interdiction I've read. After 7 years of LE and having taken several interdiction classes I picked this book back up off my shelf and can now recognize the wealth of information it holds.

I second the book,,, Fantastic

Comment

Here's one thing to keep in mind. Go to interdiction training close to the area you work. It will focus on the problems in your area. There are certain types of trafficing that occur in certain areas. An example is the further away from your main import locations the more the shipments get broken down.
                              You typically won't find a semi load of marjuana in the northern states. By then they have broken the big load down to mules hauling in cars.

Some classes like to focus on commercial traffic, others focus on cars, and others give you a mix of everything.

I think the biggest thing to understand is for every bust that gets bragged about there are hundreds of stops made with just warnings. You have to be willing to work and TURN OFF THE RADAR.
                              Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6540 users online. 341 members and 6199 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X