300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reid Interview course

I'm thinking of taking the Reid Interview/Interogation course on my own dime. Has anyone taken it, and can you tell me if it's worth the $400 for the 3 day course.
    Thanks for any advice.
    "My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

The folks on my department say it's an incredible course. I plan on seeing if my department will send me through the course soon after I'm off of my field training.
    sigpic

Comment

Absolutely 100% worth the money. Has already paid dividends for me in several cases. Spend the money!

Comment

The Reid course is great, and well worth the money, IF you are actually going to be working in a job where you will be able to conduct lengthy interviews/interrogations. If you are not in that type of job, you won't get the full benefit of the class, and probably shouldn't spend your own money to go. Done properly the Reid technique requires that you spend a long time with the person you are interviewing/interrogating. You might pick up a few things that would be helpful on patrol, but ask yourself if you will really have the time/opportunity to fully implement the techniques, on a regular basis as a new patrol officer. Because to get the real value out of the course you will need the opportunity to use the technique fully on a regular basis so you can perfect the technique through practice.

Comment

Originally posted by SA13 View Post
          The Reid course is great, and well worth the money, IF you are actually going to be working in a job where you will be able to conduct lengthy interviews/interrogations. If you are not in that type of job, you won't get the full benefit of the class, and probably shouldn't spend your own money to go. Done properly the Reid technique requires that you spend a long time with the person you are interviewing/interrogating. You might pick up a few things that would be helpful on patrol, but ask yourself if you will really have the time/opportunity to fully implement the techniques, on a regular basis as a new patrol officer. Because to get the real value out of the course you will need the opportunity to use the technique fully on a regular basis so you can perfect the technique through practice.
          Thanks for the advice. I've read their book on the Reid Technique, and maybe I'll just reread it for now. I'm going to be starting out doing transfers part-time and hopefully will get full time when they start to hire again next spring. I was thinking it would be a good thing to put on a resume to help me get the full-time job next spring. I don't ever see myself as an investigator so maybe just reading the book again will work form me.
          Thanks
          Jess
          "My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Comment

is that the course taught by "The Lie Guy"? if so, completely useless.

Comment

All the reid courses that I have been to are top notch. There is a bunch of information but well worth the time and money spent. If you get the chance .... GO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mooseyard View Post
                I'm thinking of taking the Reid Interview/Interogation course on my own dime. Has anyone taken it, and can you tell me if it's worth the $400 for the 3 day course.
                Thanks for any advice.
                $400? For the Interview and Interrogation 3-day course? Try $595. It's pricey. I'm submitting my training request to go to this after I'm out of FTO for a few months.
                1*

Comment

Originally posted by Chit2001 View Post
                  $400? For the Interview and Interrogation 3-day course? Try $595. It's pricey. I'm submitting my training request to go to this after I'm out of FTO for a few months.
                  It's $395 at the local tech school. I just rounded it up to $400.

Comment

Originally posted by wyattearp View Post
                    is that the course taught by "The Lie Guy"? if so, completely useless.
                    What happened, fall asleep in class?
                    A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

Make sure you take the advanced class - one more day at the end. It really ties everything together. My department paid for the regular class and I sprung for the extra day. Money well spent.

Comment

PM inbound for a different class, but you have to be a sworn LE to attend.

Boomer555

Comment

I'm the Academy right now, and just had the abbreviated Reid Course and it was amazing, hopefully once I graduate I'll have the option to attend the full course.
                          -I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6--

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6007 users online. 308 members and 5699 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X