300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC cert to fletc?

Anyone know if FLETC will accept OC certifications from another agency? If i get the position with ICE as an IEA that is.

Nope. You'll be getting sprayed again.

Comment

If you can show that you got sprayed at FLETC as part of one of the training programs hosted by FLETC, or by an agency that hosts their own training and had a FLETC trained DT instructors spray you, they will accept that. Other than that you get to have all that fun again.

Comment

Originally posted by SA13 View Post
        If you can show that you got sprayed at FLETC as part of one of the training programs hosted by FLETC, or by an agency that hosts their own training and had a FLETC trained DT instructors spray you, they will accept that. Other than that you get to have all that fun again.
        +1

Will be attending Boarding Officer school at FLETC this winter and if I can prove I was sprayed at my unit I get to miss out on the fun.
        U.S. Coast Guard R since 2006.
        Petty Officer Third Class (E-4)

Comment

Its not that bad, just do it with the rest of your class.

Comment

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
            That really is the best answer.

Comment

Originally posted by TPD Cadet View Post
              +1

Will be attending Boarding Officer school at FLETC this winter and if I can prove I was sprayed at my unit I get to miss out on the fun.
              You should have a memorandum stating that you've received a full-face exposure to OC pepper spray on ______ (date).

I made 30 copies and put them in every drawer at work, posted it on my wall at work, every drawer at home, framed it, made a wallet size, you name it. If it comes to the Coast Guard, I will not be getting sprayed again!

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
              But it's so much better if you can watch every one else and laugh!

Comment

Negative, everyone at FLETC gets sprayed. There was a CBPO who left after 2 months, went to the ICE academt, had to get sprayed again. ICE Academy has this as "their" grad. requirement!

Same goes for CITP. Whether or not you were a IEA, Land Mang.LEO, Capital police, etc. You get sprayed again.

If you don't want to get sprayed, you will not pass your course you are enrolled in. Just suck it up and go through it.
                "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                  Negative, everyone at FLETC gets sprayed. There was a CBPO who left after 2 months, went to the ICE academt, had to get sprayed again. ICE Academy has this as "their" grad. requirement!

Same goes for CITP. Whether or not you were a IEA, Land Mang.LEO, Capital police, etc. You get sprayed again.

If you don't want to get sprayed, you will not pass your course you are enrolled in. Just suck it up and go through it.
                  I am sure it depends on what agency/school you are attending.

Comment

Originally posted by TPD Cadet View Post
                    I am sure it depends on what agency/school you are attending.
                    Not at FLETC. Whether or not you are their for a Basic course, you will go through it. As I stated, Mixed-Basic, CITP, Land Management, etc. They all go through it. If you are there for an advanced course, well no, however if you are straight up their for training, it's mandatory to pass. FLETC has their own guidelines you need to pass through and OC is run by the PT division, which is mostly FLETC PT instructors, who also run the Gas House.

The school you are attending TPD, I doubt you would, since it is not a "Basic" course.
                    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                      The school you are attending TPD, I doubt you would, since it is not a "Basic" course.
                      I see,

We are told for Boarding Team Member school, and Boarding Officer school to bring documentation if applicable. No documentation means you go through it again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3005 users online. 172 members and 2833 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X