300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Foot Fence climb

hi guys, recently i took a pat and passed everything the mile half run , pushups, situps, etc flawlessly but when we had to do an obstacle course I could not get myself over a 6 foot chain length fence. What is the best way to practice and what are some techniques used?

I use this method - I leap up and grab the bar with my hands - push my left foot against the fence and swing my right leg up to latch my heal on the the top of the fence and then pull myself over with the strength of my leg and arms - ( be careful of your boys though) Hope this helps -
    All is 10-61 here you can show me 10-8!

Comment

Practise on a fence near you, park maybe? Chain link is a lot better than wood, you can get your toes into to grip. first method is good, I perfer staying close to the wall, and using legs to push straight up, then flop over top. momentum is your friend!

Comment

I also had a problem with the fence. But I have figured out a technique that actually works for me so it should work for you too.
        Run and grab onto the top bar. get your feet as high as you can on the fence. In a somewhat sitting position, bounce about 3 times and use your leg and arm muscles at the sdame time to pull yourself up. You want to lock your elbows. What makes the difference for me is how high I initially get my feet up. If you have to run, stop at the fence, lift your leg as high as you can, stick it in the fence, etc. I'm telling you, It works!!!
        Exam date: July 20, 2008
        Exam #: 8120
        List #: 1##

Comment

View this video:

http://www.sandiego.gov/police/recru...n/recpat.shtml
          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
            Dang it, you beat me to it. I was about to post that exact same link!

Comment

That is funny.

Comment

It's amazing the number of applicants who can't get over a simple 6 foot fence (wood or chainlink). You really do not have to be in amazing shape to do it. Didn't they climb over fences as a kid? As kids we were always retrieving a baseball, soccer ball, football, or frisbee from someone's backyard.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4439 users online. 260 members and 4179 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X