300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVOC next week

Hey everyone, I will be starting EVOC Monday (my 21st b-day). I was wondering if there are any pointers and advise anyone can offer as to driving the cone course. The course is at the Georgia Public Safety Training Center in Forsyth. I would greatly appreciate any advise and tips anyone could offer.

Originally posted by bsmith487 View Post
    Hey everyone, I will be starting EVOC Monday (my 21st b-day). I was wondering if there are any pointers and advise anyone can offer as to driving the cone course. The course is at the Georgia Public Safety Training Center in Forsyth. I would greatly appreciate any advise and tips anyone could offer.
    Bring Lori flowers, and James and Larry a bottle each.

my advice: You have cones...and no cones...........go where there are no cones.

Seriously...listen to what they say AND DO IT!!!!! Get close to the white cones. Don't drive AT them, but drive so that you what to deliver a glancing blow with the left or right turn signal. And when going backwards, get your backside up off the set so you are able to look over your right shoulder to see where you are going.

PS. Its stressful so....DEAL WITH IT!!!! It ain't gonna go away. Face it and do what's required. Thousands of people have done it before. The ones who fail do so because they don't know how to deal with the stress and they freak.

Comment

+1 to above post. Listen to what the instuctors tell you, do it and have fun.
      illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down!

Comment

Well we drove today, and I did REALLY good on all parts of EVOC except the braking exercise. I did good in the morning and than after lunch I just couldn't for the life of me get it right. I am watching the light to turn red than steering around the obstacle. Am I doing something wrong. Am I suppose to start the turn than slam the brakes or what?

Comment

I do not know how EVOC is done in Georgia (As I am in California), but EVOC is a blast. I love the skid pad. Go and have fun. Just relax, if you can drive a car then you can pass EVOC. Good luck.
            Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Originally posted by bsmith487 View Post
              Well we drove today, and I did REALLY good on all parts of EVOC except the braking exercise. I did good in the morning and than after lunch I just couldn't for the life of me get it right. I am watching the light to turn red than steering around the obstacle. Am I doing something wrong. Am I suppose to start the turn than slam the brakes or what?
              Well, its over. How'd it go? For the record, you shouldn't be 'watching' the light, you just see it out of the corner of the eye. And, with the ABS, you brake & turn.

Comment

I passed with absolutely no problems. I didnt watch the light I kept my eye on the white cone and it work perfectly. I graduate next friday.

Comment

Look at an object miles past the light (if possible) and use your periferals to see the change.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4577 users online. 287 members and 4290 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X