Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should take a look at the Honda ST1300-P. Less expensive than the Beemers, not as maintenance intensive, and that big 1300cc V4 really moves it out. I have one, non P version, with ABS, and it has fast become my daily rider over my Road King. When I saw the 2009 touring bikes have the new frame, I was all pumped up for the water cooled engine. That is the time I sell my EVO, which amazingly enough, when I'm eligible to retire, heheheh

Comment

At least you are not on this.

Apparently a local town decided to start a motor unit and bought a 300cc Johnny Pag motorcycle. I think they are built in China or somewhere. After attending a motor officer training course, they promptly traded it in for a used RT1150P. I think 2 weeks of getting laughed at probably had him ready to hang it up.

So if you want a cheap bike, Mortons BMW will make you a deal on it, only 300miles on the odometer.

Comment

scooter.jpg

They could be riding this.
        "The only means we possess to thank them is to try to be as good an American as they were. We might fall well short of their standard, but there is honor in the effort."

Comment

We Demo'ed the R1200 and the 09 Harley. We found a few issues with the new Harley.
          - The exhaust will rub/scrape right behind the highside floorboard while in a full lock right hand turn.

- There are no more rubber stops on the forks. You know the ones you could cut to give yourself a tighter turn. Well now it is metal on metal and if you alter them it voids the warranty.

- You can not raise the floorboards. And the mount under the floorboard appears to be cheap pot metal.

- No real issues with the rear tire. Completed all the exercises after a few practice runs.

- They did not seem to bog down like the 08's did when you came off the line. The 09 model launches and accelerates nice. There is a redesign in the cush drive.

- The model we tested did not have anti-lock brakes and it stopped much better then my 08 with the anti-lock

Now the BMW was a whole new beast. It rode nice and stopped on a dime. I did the 40 mph brake and escape at 60mph with ease. Everyone like the BMW for the performance but did not really like the look. We were not buying them but it was nice to Demo.

Are 09's will arrive in 2 weeks and they will be outfitted in the begining of September. Im sure we will find more items that will concern the safety of the bike.
          -
          Wisdom is knowing what to do next; virtue is doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by VCSOMotor91 View Post
            We Demo'ed the R1200 and the 09 Harley. We found a few issues with the new Harley.
            - The exhaust will rub/scrape right behind the highside floorboard while in a full lock right hand turn.

- There are no more rubber stops on the forks. You know the ones you could cut to give yourself a tighter turn. Well now it is metal on metal and if you alter them it voids the warranty.

- You can not raise the floorboards. And the mount under the floorboard appears to be cheap pot metal.

- No real issues with the rear tire. Completed all the exercises after a few practice runs.

- They did not seem to bog down like the 08's did when you came off the line. The 09 model launches and accelerates nice. There is a redesign in the cush drive.

- The model we tested did not have anti-lock brakes and it stopped much better then my 08 with the anti-lock

Now the BMW was a whole new beast. It rode nice and stopped on a dime. I did the 40 mph brake and escape at 60mph with ease. Everyone like the BMW for the performance but did not really like the look. We were not buying them but it was nice to Demo.

Are 09's will arrive in 2 weeks and they will be outfitted in the begining of September. Im sure we will find more items that will concern the safety of the bike.
            -
            i have heard that your not going to the bmw
            Last edited by shea193; 09-20-2008, 02:53 PM. Reason: .
            sigpic

Comment

-

So you are going to be less safe and effective chasing bad guys, but will look cooler while doing it?

Comment

Down here they have the R1200 and Honda ST1300.

I gotta say, aesthetically-alone, if I were a cyclist, I'd take the ST1300 any day over a Harley.
                Last edited by Damon K; 09-21-2008, 03:28 AM. Reason: Thanks Bushy ;)
                < Insert witty saying here >

Comment

I think you've made a slight typo - Isn't the FJR1300 made by Yamaha? The bike in your photo is a Honda ST1300.
                  If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence of your attempt.

Comment

Lol, thanks... thought is there, but the brain just can't keep up with the fingers

Oh, and here's the FJR...

Last edited by Damon K; 09-21-2008, 03:31 AM.
                    < Insert witty saying here >

Comment

GGG, you are correct. Those that make the decisions are way over our head. The general concensus at training was the BMW. Now lets look at this from a different angle. We have the worlds largest Harley Dealership in town. Being that we Lease from them, the owners endorse the Sheriff in his re-election and the Sheriff rides the Harley we could not change his mind. I(we) believe that has a major role in not going with the BMW. It is a political world out there.
                      Last edited by VCSOMotor91; 09-21-2008, 01:16 PM.
                      Wisdom is knowing what to do next; virtue is doing it.

Comment

I(we) believe that has a major role in not going with the BMW. It is a political world out there.
                        I know all about it. I wrote a beautiful proposal for Beemers a few years ago. Then found out that the Sheriff and his cronies had just bought raked out choppers. Yeah, that was a waste of paper.

Talking to step-mom #5's brother ( I guess that makes him my step uncle 5 times removed??) a few years back who works for a neighboring PD. They did not want BMW because with the dry clutch it is harder on it in cone courses. So I asked him which was more important, winning motor rodeos or catching bad guys?

Comment

The HD is all about tradition but the BMW is a very nice bike as well. Great bike!
                          sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6785 users online. 362 members and 6423 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X