300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radar information

Does anyone have experience with the Falcon HR? For the price and what it will be used for on my Military Installation, this unit seems like it is pretty good, but I am looking for input by someone who has used one, or knows someone who has. Below is a link to the product.

http://www.kustomsignals.com/product...ename=handheld
    I don't need probable cause to search your vehicle... AR 190-5.

Radar Info

Originally posted by Army_Soldier View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the Falcon HR? For the price and what it will be used for on my Military Installation, this unit seems like it is pretty good, but I am looking for input by someone who has used one, or knows someone who has. Below is a link to the product.

http://www.kustomsignals.com/product...ename=handheld
    Are you absolutely "locked in" to the Falcon HR? I don't have any operational experience with that particular unit. I have had good experience with Kustom Signals units though, that's why I was wondering.

Comment

I am not locked in at all. I have used an older version of the Kustom HR-12, and it was not too bad. The same direction mode of the Falcon HR is something that the HR-12 did not have. Kustom Signals gave me a quote of $599 + s/h, and that is the best price I have seen for what you get so far. The range I would be using the unit would normally be between 500'-1,000'. My Installation is not that large, and has a lot of bends and curves in the road.
      After borrowing an HR-12 from another Base, over a 4 day period, the average speed of drivers I stopped was 42 MPH in a 25 MPH zone. It is because of this that I need something to assist me in traffic control.
      Last edited by Army_Soldier; 05-24-2007, 06:49 PM. Reason: Added information

Comment

Falcoln is adequate if you are restricted by a budget. I prefer our Applied Concepts Stalker Dual (front /rear mount).

You ever consider a LIDAR? Awesome to use...deadly accurate,,,,hard to defend in court,

Comment

Are you just looking for a handheld or would you consider a mobile....?

How much do you have to work with (money wise)....?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
            Are you just looking for a handheld or would you consider a mobile....?

How much do you have to work with (money wise)....?
            I am open to any option right now. A handheld would allow me to use it in any vehicle I have available, but if I can get something better for a decent price that would work too. As far as a budget goes, I have none. Anything that I purchase will be out of my pocket. I know that most will tell me that I am crazy, but with the way my budget is funded, traffic control is not part of it. I have had to purchase almost every piece of emergency warning equipment I have for my vehicles. E.g., siren, warning lights etc. My last purchase was a strobe visor light for the vehicle I now drive, and it has about no warning power during the day when it is used the most. I will continue to do what I have to do to keep my Installation safe though.

Comment

No offense....but why in the world would you spend that kind of money for something Uncle Sam should be providing you to do your job properly....???

I have only purchased one high value thing in my 18 year career as a LEO (Military/Civ/Fed) and that was a PBT from a guy that got fired and was selling stuff dirt cheap so that he could pay his bills before the Repo Man came to visit........

I would check ebay maybe....or talk with Kustom to see if they know of anyone that sells used stuff......or with a police supply company that deals with used equipment.......as something new is going to cost you out the rear......

Good luck.....

Comment

Uncle Sam should be fronting the bill for sure. But with the way the budget is in right now, I am working 5 soldiers for 24 hr operations. My vehicles are so crappy that a LEA near L.A. saw my vehicles, and they are going to donate us their old vehicles when they get their replacements in 3-4 months. The only thing they will remove is the radar units and their departments name. Pbelectronics has some reconditioned units for sale, so I may have togfo that route and just bite the cost.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Army_Soldier View Post
                  Uncle Sam should be fronting the bill for sure. But with the way the budget is in right now, I am working 5 soldiers for 24 hr operations. My vehicles are so crappy that a LEA near L.A. saw my vehicles, and they are going to donate us their old vehicles when they get their replacements in 3-4 months. The only thing they will remove is the radar units and their departments name. Pbelectronics has some reconditioned units for sale, so I may have togfo that route and just bite the cost.

Thanks for the help and advice.
                  That's freaking sad....as I work in the DC area and see the military LEOs around here with some pretty decent stuff......

I would go the used/recondition route then.....as that is going to save you a ton of money. I would check ebay and surf the web. I know there use to be a used police car place in KC (ran by an old KCPD Copper) who would occansionally get his hands on lights/sirens/radar/etc.....so don't rule those places out either.....

Good luck....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4427 users online. 256 members and 4171 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X