300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CT Lightbars At Night

I live in NY, but frequently travel into Connecticut. I've noticed that the CSP have small lights in their lightbars that light up a "State Police" logo in the middle of the bar, plus a small red and blue light on the edge of the lightbar. I've noticed that other municipal jobs have similar lights on at night. What is the point of always having the lightbar lit up? Is that a state law? Can the individual officer shut the light off for tactical reasons? I'm really just curious and I know that someone on this forum will have the answers.

http://members.fortunecity.com/statepdcars/conn134.jpg

Probably saves a lot of money on graphics.

Comment

The link didn't work for me... It may be my computer though.
      "If it's predictable, it's preventable"

Comment

Originally posted by 132nBush
        I live in NY, but frequently travel into Connecticut. I've noticed that the CSP have small lights in their lightbars that light up a "State Police" logo in the middle of the bar, plus a small red and blue light on the edge of the lightbar. I've noticed that other municipal jobs have similar lights on at night. What is the point of always having the lightbar lit up? Is that a state law? Can the individual officer shut the light off for tactical reasons? I'm really just curious and I know that someone on this forum will have the answers.
        We call them cruising lights... used when you want your presence known but aren't engaged in emergency operations (pursuit, traffic control, emergency response, stealth response, etc). Any setup I've seen they are always able to be turned on/off at the officer's discretion, just like all the other lights.
        All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

Originally posted by Resq14
          We call them cruising lights... used when you want your presence known but aren't engaged in emergency operations (pursuit, traffic control, emergency response, stealth response, etc). Any setup I've seen they are always able to be turned on/off at the officer's discretion, just like all the other lights.
          Thanks, that answers my question. Seems like a good, especially when you're traveling in the left lane trying to get somewhere somewhat quickly and there's someone doing 5 under the speed limit in front you.

Firestone, that link didn't work for me either.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4833 users online. 290 members and 4543 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X