300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red & Blues on parked civilian vehicle

Alrighty motor friends......civilian vehicle, with no ties to PD is parked on the street. In the front hood air intake, the owner of the vehicle has installed a "light bar" that flashed red & blue. I haven't seen the car being driven, but it is parked on a public street. 25269 VC? 25250 VC?
    REINSTATE THE TRIG
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    Your logic defies logic
    Originally posted by Rudy8116
    Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
    Originally posted by Michigan
    Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
    Originally posted by TheTick
    A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
    This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
    Originally posted by 02paul09
    Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

In my state it would be "legal" as long as they were not being used. Once lit up, illegal as hell.

Other states are different
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
      In my state it would be "legal" as long as they were not being used. Once lit up, illegal as hell.

Other states are different
      Same here. The driver leaves the lights active and lit up while the car is parked. I mean, they are LED, but it still seems dumb to risk a dead battery.

If driver is rolling, it is an easy cite. But parked.....I don't know if it makes a difference, but it seems like it probably would...
      REINSTATE THE TRIG
      Originally posted by Iowa #1603
      Your logic defies logic
      Originally posted by Rudy8116
      Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
      Originally posted by Michigan
      Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
      A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
      This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
      Originally posted by 02paul09
      Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Unapproved use of signal lights. Blinkers are amber in front....
        misuse of hazard lights...

Ask a chippie or motor dog.

Check ALERT for police impostors wanted. I know there has been a guy in the BA doing stops and bad ****.
        Last edited by CCCSD; 08-12-2018, 09:19 PM.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Find a legal reason to stop it, them ask him about it. We have a huge problem with people acting as LEO an stopping people.

Comment

Geez, you don't need a motor officer for this one. You just need an old guy.

I assume your hesitation here is because the sections you cite specify a steady burning or flashing red light and the light bar in question is not activated, which a hair spitting attorney would be quick to jump on.

Instead, try going with CVC 27606, which makes it illegal to equip the vehicle with such a light bar period, activated or not. Of course, you will need to impound the light bar and car as evidence pending trial.

BTW, be sure to run the plate and make sure it doesn't come back - not on file. I had a boss who drove an unmarked but with visible emergency lights. He made it a point to get it cold plated so if he misbehaved on the highway and someone decided to get the plate and call in a complaint, no one would know what agency it belonged to.

Last edited by L-1; 08-12-2018, 10:20 PM.
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

In part, Texas law states:
              Sec. 547.305. RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF LIGHTS..

(b) Except as expressly authorized by law, a person may not operate or move equipment or a vehicle, other than a police vehicle, with a lamp or device that displays a red light visible from directly in front of the center of the equipment or vehicle.

(e-2) A motor vehicle is equipped with a lamp or illuminating device under this section regardless of whether the lamp or illuminating device is:

(1) attached to the motor vehicle temporarily or permanently; or

(2) activated.
              Last edited by delzo70; 08-13-2018, 07:41 AM.
              If your biggest work-related fear is getting a paper cut, don't try and tell a cop how to do his job.

Comment

It looks like it depends on your state. It is only illegal here if the driver lights them up.

Comment

Not in my jurisdiction, but in others, I see officers using their POV's on their off duty jobs equipped with lights. In the agency I retired from, we could only use an agency vehicle for a part time and only when on call or for TXDOT gigs. No one I ever knew had lights for the POV.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9477 users online. 353 members and 9124 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X