Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois Registration Sticker

All:

I recently stopped an individual who possessed a possible counterfeit Illinois registration but I have no way of easily verifying it. Can someone please e-mail me a color copy of a real one along with any security feautures that are supposed to be present in it? I would like to charge the guy.

Are you referring to the Plate, Registration Sticker, or the actual written registration?

Comment

If you are referring to the registration sticker from the rear license plate, 07's are orange and 08's are white. The sticker will have a series of numbers across the bottom, usually 9 numbers in the series. Run them through LEADS and that will give you the information for the vehicle and vehicle owner that the registration was issued to. I hope this helps.

Comment

The registration sticker that is affixed to the inside of the windshield. The one I recovered had a dark blue border, white background, expiring in 2007. VIN # 1FALP68G2WK153205, appearing on a 1998 Ford SVT. There were no stickers on the plate and he did not have a wallet registration card. Illinois had no record of the vehicle in their files and we could not find one except for PA and NY from 7 years ago. I am assuming it is fake and I just need enough information about them to substantiate a criminal charge.
        Last edited by DH21187; 04-12-2007, 06:02 PM.

Comment

The only registration sticker for Illinois is affixed to the plate. It should have MM-YY in larger numbers and the Serial Number across the bottom. like Kannahspapa said, 07-orange 08-white and 06-yellow. We do not have window stickers. If you would like a photo of one, i can email it to you.

Comment

YA..what the other guys said. Only window sticker might be a local city sticker in the window. The Secretary of State Website is www.cyberdriveillinois.com I think. Check with the SOS Police too, they might be able to help you. The number is Phone: (217) 782-7126.
            Last edited by jeffIL; 04-13-2007, 01:53 AM.
            For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Originally posted by MountainTreker
              The only registration sticker for Illinois is affixed to the plate. It should have MM-YY in larger numbers and the Serial Number across the bottom. like Kannahspapa said, 07-orange 08-white and 06-yellow. We do not have window stickers. If you would like a photo of one, i can email it to you.
              Please send it to [email protected]

Comment

Sent it. Sorry for taking so long.

Comment

Illinois Sticker

Originally posted by MountainTreker
                  Sent it. Sorry for taking so long.
                  I just got your e-mail. I'll scan in the sticker I recovered and send it to you and let me know what you think.

Comment

If it is fake, would you mind sharing? Just something on my list to keep an eye out for. I have been finding more and more out of state fake tags (yes..the whole license plate)...Most of them Washington DC Dealer Tags.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor1430
                      If it is fake, would you mind sharing? Just something on my list to keep an eye out for. I have been finding more and more out of state fake tags (yes..the whole license plate)...Most of them Washington DC Dealer Tags.
                      See attached

Comment

I have never even seen anything like that before. I find it hard to believe that anything like that is legit b/c the VIN would not be typically paired with the IL REG# on the same document. Ran it through leads and it came up no-record-on-file as well...

Ill see if I can catch an IL S.O.S. police officer and ask them.

Comment

I tried posting it but the site won't accept it because it's too big. I'll try to shrink it down.

Comment

The IL SOS is giving me the run-around. You may have better luck with them directly. You can contact the Police Inquiry Division of the SOS police in Springfield, IL at (217) 785 0309

Comment

I work in Wisconsin on the Illinois border and I can say that Illinois registration is a very odd thing. I understand the color of the stickers, but many times, after stopping a car with IL plates, The vehicle's registration will not come back. I usually attribute the problem to the fact that IL usually is several months behind in their record keeping. The simple fact that a person can register their vehicle at a "Currency Exchange" rather than only through a DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) seems to me to be part of the problem. Maybe I don't fully understand the registration process but having multiple places to register your plates seems only to complicate the system. The other thing about IL plates is that a truck plate is only a truck plate if the vehicle is going to be used to haul things. A truck that is declared not to be used for hauling can get a regular Auto plate. And some truck plates require a "-b" placed at the end or they wont come back.

Ok, rant off...

In any case the stickers that are seen in the windows are for local municipalities. Many IL Cities require their citizens to pay for a sticker that denotes the vehicle's owner as residing in the city.
                              Last edited by Depco164; 05-17-2007, 05:48 PM. Reason: Mis-spelling and adding info.
                              Good traffic rule of thumb - Broke down people, drive broke down cars.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4049 users online. 205 members and 3844 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X