300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No License

I was wondering if you guys always arrest for no driver's license? Not on person, but period?

No.....................
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

(F*** Off Cuz Ur Stupid)

Comment

I arrest for EVERYTHING...
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

It depends. Most of the time I don't for simply that. If there is a history of failure to appear, then chances increase for arrest.

Comment

That is arrestable in CO but I've never arrested for just that.
          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

It's a misdemeanor here. Not TYPICALLY an offense you would arrest on, but you're allowed to under the law. Like DeaconSteve said, past history (FTA, or just a multiple repeat offender IMO) can effect it.

I also once found a bail bondsman driving away from bonding out a ****bird while her license was bad, so....

Comment

Arrestable, but citation for first offense.

Comment

I only booked if there was no way to identify the violator. Otherwise, cite and tow the car. The DA treated first-offense unlicensed driving as a fix-it ticket. They would file the case and then continue it. If the defendant returned at the next court date with a DL, they dismissed.

The courts switched to having unlicensed drivers cited into traffic court, with it being handled as an infraction. The outcome was the same - get a DL, no penalty.
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I've been retired a while now but looking back, I probably arrested more drivers than I cited and let go. Unless there was an extenuating circumstance, I always towed the car. If a licensed driver was present, they got to take over.

My determining factors were attitude, past history and their explanation on the cause for not having a DL. The only real factor that brought the cuffs out was the ever popular No Hablo Ingles. I personally witnessed several miracles where a driver suddenly could comprehend and speak English upon sight of the handcuffs..... but it just made my decision easier. Click Click......
                  If your biggest work-related fear is getting a paper cut, don't try and tell a cop how to do his job.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                    I was wondering if you guys always arrest for no driver's license? Not on person, but period?
                    Only if they're driving.

Comment

Simply driving while never having been issued a license, or having an expired license, is merely a traffic infraction. A suspended license, however, can be a misdemeanor or a felony depending on the circumstances, and can result in anything from a misdemeanor citation to a full custodial arrest.

Comment

In Canada, driving offences COULD be either criminal (under the Criminal Code of Canada, created by the Federal government, administered and enforced by the Provincial, Territorial and Municipal governments) or non-criminal (under the various Provincial and Territorial laws, or even Municipal By-laws).

Operating a Motor Vehicle Without A Valid DL is a violation of Provincial law, and in Saskatchewan, Police, CVE, and even Conservation (Wildlife / Fish and Game) and Revenue (Tobacco and Fuel Tax Enforcement), Officers have the power to arrest for such an offence, but that does NOT result in a criminal conviction (unless the Officer is assaulted, or some other offence occurs, or is detected), as it is merely to establish identity, prevent continuation of the offence, and ensure that the accused is properly released to attend Court. The driver would be issued a ticket, with the opportunity to pay a Voluntary Penalty without having to attend Court. Usually the vehicle being operated with be seized and impounded, either for a set time period, or until after a non-Court administrative hearing is held by the driver licencing / vehicle registration board to determine the length of impoundment (where release under either circumstance is NOT authorized until ALL tow and impound costs are paid, or the vehicle is sold at auction to cover same, plus the plate will be cancelled).

Driving While Suspended / Disqualified / Prohibited depends on whether the driver's licence was suspended temporarily by the Police on behalf of the board (inexperienced driver blood-alcohol-concentration > 0 mg% / experienced driver BAC > 40 mg% but < 80 mg% (Provincial non-criminal, not a charge), any driver BAC > 80 mg% / impaired (by alcohol or drug) (CC - charge)), by the board itself (Provincial - report of numerous tickets / collisions), or the Court (for CC conviction). DWS / D (Prov) is Provincial - non-criminal charge, issued with a non-VP / mandatory Court appearance. DWP is CC charge, often released by the Police on a document on the roadside with mandatory Court appearance.

#32936 - Constable - Royal Canadian Mounted Police- 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                        Member - "F" Div / Province of Saskatchewan - 1976-05-04 / retirement
                        Member - Weyburn RCMP (General Duty: 1993-08-30 / 2001-08-15 & Highway Patrol / Region Traffic Services: 2001-08-15 to retirement)
                        Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date (was of "F", now of "K" Div)

Member - RCMP Veterans' Association - Regina Div
                        Member - Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired)
                        Supporter - SaveMyRCMP.Ca
                        Supporter - National Police Federation
                        #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                        Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                        RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                        Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                        "Smile" - no!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6450 users online. 206 members and 6244 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X