300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAdio Detection And Ranging

Just got certified on the BEE III Radar. Just curious as to what most other Officers use. Opinions on which is best

Falcon Kustom HR I think we have....
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    Department of the Army Police Officer (0083-06)

Comment

Kustom raptor rp-1 and Kustom prolaser 3.
      Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

All of our traffic units are equipped with MPH Bee radar units.
        Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
        In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
        Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
        Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

Will take some getting used to the doppler tone. My ears have been ringing after working traffic. Are yall required to have it audible in your state?

Comment

Turn the volume down.
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Our traffic cars use the Directional Golden Eagle 2 and Stalker Dual DSR radars. For stationary work we also have the Prolaser III and Prolaser 4 alongside stationary mode radar. Some work units have Kustom Falcon hand-held radars but those things are almost ready to be in a museum.

I like the Stalker over the Golden Eagle for moving mode radar and I love the Prolaser 4 because you can lock in the reading. I always got nervous about dropping the PLIII and losing my speed reading.

We don't use radars much in urban areas. The laser is easier to win with at court in urban conditions.

Comment

I now have a Raptor RP-1 in my vehicle. The volume is required in this State when using any radar. The volume is usually at a comfortable level.

Comment

I miss working RADAR. The good ol' days.

Comment

I love the RP-1, we have a few cars with the smaller display above the steering column
                    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                    Department of the Army Police Officer (0083-06)

Comment

Originally posted by FireCop203 View Post
                      I miss working RADAR. The good ol' days.
                      There's a sense of freedom I get from cruising the back roads away from the busy urban areas with some good driving music and the radar quietly pinging away in the background.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9405 users online. 521 members and 8884 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X