300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unmarked DUI cars

Does anyone use umarked cars for DUI enforcement? Our DUI squad is attempting to go to this, but the Sheriff wants us to justify it. I am looking for some statistics to show him that unmarked cars will increase DUI arrest's.

An unmarked car might snare a few more traffic violations which might result in a few more drunk driving arrests. But I don

Comment

The unmarked cars will allow you to stop more traffic violators, which will obviously lead to more OWI arrests. Around here, all but 1 department that has a Traffic Unit uses unmarked cars. The one that doesn't, uses slick-tops.

Our 3 person TU had over 1900 citations in their first 3 months of operations and also over 30 OWI arrests. Not bad for a team that ONLY works 7p-3a on Friday nights and works regular dayshifts.
      Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

I dont see how an u/m marked car will be justified in getting you more DUIs. I have a crapload of DUI arrests in my fully marked car. I dont think drunks really realize that you are behind them due to that poor multitasking thing.

You will grab more speeders if thats your thing.. thats about it. Good as a PC car. If anything I would suggest maybe going with a slicktop as a good likely compromise, allowing you to hide better...
        And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

I think unmarked cars are better used for aggressive driving enforcement and stuff like that. Nine times out of ten a drunk can't tell if your marked or unmarked anyway.

Comment

We use a gray unmarked Crown Vic for traffic enforcement. It works like a charm. We even have (what appears to be) a regular tag on it in lieu of the standard yellow one that says "city," which is a dead give away.
            If it wasn't for STUPID PEOPLE I'd be unemployed.

Comment

Originally posted by OffDuty
              I dont see how an u/m marked car will be justified in getting you more DUIs. I have a crapload of DUI arrests in my fully marked car. I dont think drunks really realize that you are behind them due to that poor multitasking thing.

You will grab more speeders if thats your thing.. thats about it. Good as a PC car. If anything I would suggest maybe going with a slicktop as a good likely compromise, allowing you to hide better...

We have slick tops now. Hopefully we will at least keep these. There has been talk of going back to lightbars. Thanks for your feed back keep it coming

Comment

I worked traffic for awhile in an unmarked on night shift. The first pursuit I got into where I had to bust alot of intersections made me re-think using the car, and I went back to a marked car.

I really don't think an unmarked is gonna help much for dueces.....aggressive driving, yeah, definitely. Especially off-brand cars like the Mercurys the Florida HP is using. I just don't feel real comfortable having to run hard in an unmarked.
                Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Vtfuzz
                  I think unmarked cars are better used for aggressive driving enforcement and stuff like that. Nine times out of ten a drunk can't tell if your marked or unmarked anyway.
                  ..thats what I meant to say, except better put!
                  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

I don't know that the concept make sense.

A driver's ability is impaired by the substance in their system. Having just seen a marked patrol unit is not going to somehow magically eliminate that impairment and cause them to drive correctly. You're still going to get PC for a stop, marked or unmarked.

As a side note, I don't know what the laws are in your state, but in mine, a DUI car's primary purpose would be enforcement of the traffic laws. Our state law requires that vehicles and officers whose primary purpose is traffic enforcement must be painted a distinctive color and officers must be in uniform. Using an an unmarked primarily for traffic enforcement is a big no-no and will get your case kicked out of court.

Officers whose duties are not primarily traffic but who enforce it incidentally may do so in unmarked vehicles and in plain clothes without legal consequence, but that would obviously exclude them from doing so as a DUI car. I'm assuming your state is different.
                    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Another clown.... can we dump him
                      Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                      Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
                        Another clown.... can we dump him
                        I don't know. The car's getting pretty full...

Comment

What I don’t get is how this wannabe hasn’t been banned, yet several of my posts saying he is not a cop have been removed.

Hey wannabe, didn’t you say you overstayed your welcome and peace out?

The only people who lie as much as you are criminals.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. I promise I won’t lose sleep over whatever desparete comeback you decide to reply with.

Comment

Why can't you tell the truth?

Here are some of your quotes from four different threads. Not all of them were a part of your so-called "experiment".

11-30-2017 “Any current or former Prince William County on the forums?” thread:

(Why would you need insight if you feel qualified to give others advice?)

Originally posted by Jack Wagger
                            Ohio Guy here looking for some insight

Last edited by Jack Wagger; 12-16-2017, 10:57 AM.
                            12-16-2017 “Lying on your background packet purposefully?” thread:

Soi'm a 21 year old fresh out college and i've always wanted to be a cop. I live in Ohio and am willing to travel cross country for the best gigs. Anyways i've got some stuff in my background that isn't the greatest. Nothing criminal more along the lines of lack of responsibility. I quit 4 jobs in 6 months when I was 18 years old. I plan on being completely truthful on my application however a current cop said nice guys never win. He said they'd likely DQ me. It's better if I just left that part out of my personal history. I'm pretty sure i'd get DQ'd if I did that. Also my father was charged with armed robbery when he was 23 and is now 42 and hasn't been in trouble since. I currently live with him so should I mention this? They have the right to run my background but not his correct? Either way I want to be completely truthful but i'd like some guidance as I am getting conflicting information. Thanks.

then what's the purpose of signing a waiver if everyone around you is fair game? I understand the reasoning for why they do but can't that open them up to liability. I'm going to be truthful and put down all my previous jobs. I'm an African American who grew up in the a really rough area. The mere fact I got out without a criminal record and a college degree is remarkable. So I'm not afraid of me being DQ'd based on what my family did. I just don't want them to automatically assmue i'm a criminal based on association.

Ok let me resort to my native tongue. Why you lying bruh? Do you understand now?
                            12-22-2017 “I Quit” thread:

So i'm going to make this short. I am an African American that grew up in one of the roughest neighborhoods in the country. Most of my childhood friends are either dead or in jail. I used organized sports as solace. My father was never in my life but fortunately my SRO was a de facto father figure. He was the reason I dreamed of becoming a police officer once I became of age. I luckily got out of my neighborhood unscathed and enrolled in a four year university. I graduated with honors and I recently filled out my first application. While filling out my application I became immensely paranoid about leaving multiple jobs in a matter of few months during my teen years. I felt I needed to be perfect in order for me to be a qualified candidate. I noticed there weren't many African American police officers, it made me think I had to be perfect in order to get hired. I took the advice of a current officer and I elected not to report those jobs on my PHS. My conscious wouldn't allow me to sleep at night because I know I had committed a fatal sin in policing. I eventually mustered up the courage and contacted my BI and told him about the omission. I subsequently was DQ'd and I don't think i'll ever be a police officer. I have no criminal record nor do I have any traffic infractions. I am fluent in Spanish and as mentioned before have a Degree in Business Management.I dread the thought of ever filling out another LE application. I compromised my integrity even before I began my career. For this reason I have decided to quit.
                            12-25-2017 “I Quit” thread:

So they told me I could reapply again in 6 months. So I guess I wasn't perm DQ'd? Or are they just being nice and going to throw my app in circular file if I happen to reapply in 6 months?
                            01-07-2018 My Mom Says Joining LE Is Not a Good Fit for My Life (What do you think?)”

Lol I made a lot of old heads lubricated ITT.
                            And you guys are right I am a troll. LOL some of you tards are so gullible. Hence why you could never go federal. So long underachievers.

Last edited by Curt5811; 01-26-2018, 01:34 PM.
                            You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

Maybe because i've already provided my creds to someone important on here.
                              A name, please. Let's verify that.

I've only been minding my own business while contributing to the forum.
                              No, you've been misrepresenting yourself as a police officer.

I'm still continuously being subject to vitriol from other members. Even after describing why I did what I did.
                              Because your so-called explanation makes no objective sense. No college level "experiment" is conducted this way.

I only speak the truth.
                              When ?!

An experiment is an experiment. Iowa seems like an all around good guy. So does L-2. Curt seems like a follower looking for a fan base, typical of a rookie officer. I don't even know who you are but maybe your posts were removed for other reasons that you've ommitted (and you call me a liar) because others osters commemts haven't been removed.
                              None of my posts calling you out have been removed or deleted. Not one. No administrator or moderator has contacted me at all.

The Administrator, JDFranke, hasn't logged-in for about 10 days, which explains why you're still here.

I'm willing to provide my bonafides to whichever site moderator or mutually agreed upon member.

Are you?

What do you say smartmouth? Put up or shut up.

You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6331 users online. 444 members and 5887 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X