Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional Courtesy?

Need your opinion.

If you stopped a car for speeding and the passenger (who was sleeping at the time of the stop) was a cop (off-duty) in the neighboring county and that cop advised you that the person driving was doing you a favor by driving he/she home because you were to tired to drive, would you give the driver a ticket or would you chew both of their butts out and either not write the ticket or give them a break on the speed?
    Dont think of it as losing, think of it as being beat by a girl!

Just for speeding..let him go.. He's a cop!!!!!

Turn around and get another speeder.

We have to look out for one another out here!!! that great word --- discretion!!
    ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

please slow down...have a good day

Comment

Stay safe and have a good day!

Comment

Originally posted by Rita
          would you give the driver a ticket or would you chew both of their butts out and either not write the ticket or give them a break on the speed?
          ummmmmmmmmmm

D. Realize there's more important things in the world than writing every speeder. Like has already been said, smile and give a friendly closing remark.
          All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

We just won't go there again. It always depnds on the level of violation and persons driving record. You make a stop and do the job by the book. If you choose not to issue a citation for whatever reason that's an individual officers call.

The job is not to "cut breaks" but to do the job.
            AND if a citation is justified because the speed is way over the limit then the sleeping cop will just have to go to court with the driver.

Comment

Her driving record is fine. I'll admit that she was "hauling boogie" but if I had been driving I would have been going even faster. As far as going to court with her thats the deal. I felt that I was responsible since she was doing me a favor and I would have paid the ticket myself (which we all know that cops usually can't afford to do). Anyway, thanks for the answers. Glad to know that I was not totally wrong in how I felt about the situation.
              Dont think of it as losing, think of it as being beat by a girl!

Comment

Originally posted by Rita
                Need your opinion.

If you stopped a car for speeding and the passenger (who was sleeping at the time of the stop) was a cop (off-duty) in the neighboring county and that cop advised you that the person driving was doing you a favor by driving he/she home because you were to tired to drive, would you give the driver a ticket or would you chew both of their butts out and either not write the ticket or give them a break on the speed?

Why would you even be asking this question? I pull officers and CO over all the time in my county and nevcer issue them a citation.

Comment

you don't ticket your own

Comment

Dont ticket your own..Remember all we have is each other...

Comment

It all depends. I know I am going to get a bunch of Shiznit for this. I was patrolling the streets one day traffic was fairly heavy. I see this car passing other cars like they are standing still. I lock it on radar 51 in a posted 30 zone. I get behind the vehicle and pace it as it goes past 4 other speed limit signs. Still going 51 miles per hour. I stop the vehicle and make contact with the driver, inform her why I stopped her. As I am talking with her I see 3 kids all under the age of 5 that are not in a car seat or a seat belt. I ask her why this is and her husband who is sitting in the back seat reaches up and rudely says "I am a cop with the Alvin Texas police department." I ask him, "So you don't have child restraint laws in the state of Texas." Driver does not have DL on her, No insurance in the vehicle, speeding and 3 child restraint tickets. I return to my vehicle and run her name and DOB. Dispatch advises DL is expired by 2 months. OK so lets see NO DL, NO INS, Speed 21 over posted and 3 child restraint violations. Over $500.00 worth of tickets, I could have wrote her. I am nice I issue a ticket for speeding, and a written warning for the car seat tickets. I issue the citations and tell her that her DL is expired and she needs to switch with her husband. Husband comes around to get into drivers side and says that I had better watch out if I am ever in the Alvin Texas area. He then gets into his car slams the door and drives away.
                      Last edited by explorerscout83; 09-20-2005, 08:49 PM. Reason: Had to use spell checker
                      New Rule: The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the *******. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a "decaf grande? half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low and one NutraSweet," ooh, you're a huge *******.

Comment

Where is that pic of the dead horse being beaten?
                        THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Oh good lord, why would you even think of writing? There are plenty of mopes out (and a LOT more people in general who speed) to bother with...

"slow it down, have a good night". On the way.
                          And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

Originally posted by Photogrrlz
                            Where is that pic of the dead horse being beaten?
                            Last edited by OffDuty; 09-21-2005, 01:42 AM.
                            And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

Relax

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Give your brothers/sisters a break and move on, it's not personal so don't take it that way.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3984 users online. 174 members and 3810 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X