300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Lady

I stopped a crazy lady today for driving with out a tag. When I approached the car she was holding an expired temporary tag out the window. She then proceeded to tell me she was on her way to the MVA, except she could not tell me where the MVA was. Of course telling me the whole time that I was only patrolling that area because it was a black area and the whole racist thing. Not like this wasn't my assigned post. I proceeded to get her drivers license and found out that was expired as well. Thus I wrote her 5 tickets for several different infractions, Oh yeah I noticed that "someone" had changed the monthon the temp tag from a 7 to a 9. I then approached the car again (with the cites) and she freaked out and the whole race issue started again and I was the devil and all this. Any way she then took my pen and cite book and began hitting the cite book with my pen. After getting her to calm down she signed the citations and I towed her vehicle and left. She was told to get a ride. She did break my pen, but I'm not too worried about that. Any suggestions on what to do next time. I get really ticked when the race card comes into play.

Sounds like you handled the situation correctly. Just be sure to make notes for yourself on the back of the citation copies if you keep a copy of her behavior and attitute.

Comment

She would be in JAIL here no doubt about it.

Comment

Sounds like you did well.
        South Bloomfield Police Department
        K9 Unit

American Working Dog Council

Comment

man we work in the same place.. Race cards being thrown is a daily occurence.

You did just fine.. impounding & citing the hell out of them for everything that was reasonable did the trick. Oh, and I know youre not supposed to say have a nice day, but in that case, she should be told. LOL
          And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

Originally posted by OffDuty
            man we work in the same place.. Race cards being thrown is a daily occurence.

You did just fine.. impounding & citing the hell out of them for everything that was reasonable did the trick. Oh, and I know youre not supposed to say have a nice day, but in that case, she should be told. LOL
            I agree. Thanks for the reply. Wanted some other opinons on dealing with the race issue.

Comment

She broke your pen....sound like criminal mischief 3rd in AL. $750 bond in my city. In other words the crazy lady goes to the crazy jail.

Comment

Originally posted by shootingteacher
                Sounds like you handled the situation correctly. Just be sure to make notes for yourself on the back of the citation copies if you keep a copy of her behavior and attitute.
                This is the best way. Playing "race card" is to get a rise outta you, if you just ignore it and do your job, you will be fine.
                Charlie 31, HPPD

"Evil is a fact not to be explained away, but to be accepted; and accepted not to be endured, but to be conquered. It is a challenge neither to our reason nor to our patience, but to our courage."

Comment

She wouldn't have to find a ride, I would have found one for her in my backseat.

When people say you only stopped me bacause I'm black. I always say, "Your only saying that because I'm white." Gets them every time.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayW4442
                    She wouldn't have to find a ride, I would have found one for her in my backseat.

When people say you only stopped me bacause I'm black. I always say, "Your only saying that because I'm white." Gets them every time.
                    Do you really ?
                    Charlie 31, HPPD

"Evil is a fact not to be explained away, but to be accepted; and accepted not to be endured, but to be conquered. It is a challenge neither to our reason nor to our patience, but to our courage."

Comment

Of course, if they wanna play the race card why cant I? "I know my rights!"

Comment

Originally posted by GrayW4442
                        When people say you only stopped me bacause I'm black. I always say, "Your only saying that because I'm white."
                        That's a good one!

Comment

Damn you show an extreme amount of tolerance during that stop. In regards to your pen, i have a budy who arrested a lady for breaking his pen because of the same attitude as your lady. He arrested her for Criminal Trespass for breaking his pen.
                          Dysentery_Bob aKa Lazy Eye Bob

Reality is a strange and curious thing.
                          Most see it as something singular and solitary.
                          I know it is infinite.

"All Fled, all done, so lift me on the pyre;
                          The feast is over and the lamps expire."

Robert E. Howard 06-11-36

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy Eye Bob
                            Damn you show an extreme amount of tolerance during that stop. In regards to your pen, i have a budy who arrested a lady for breaking his pen because of the same attitude as your lady. He arrested her for Criminal Trespass for breaking his pen.
                            Uhh....

How do you lock someone up for Criminal Trespass for breaking their pen? Maybe disorderly, but I cant begin to imagine how you can articulate the breaking of a pen into Criminal Trespass.

Comment

Can you spell T A S E R?

Kelly

We are the thin blue line
                              between you
                              and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5737 users online. 371 members and 5366 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X