Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What irks you the MOST......speeders or left lane hogs???

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What irks you the MOST......speeders or left lane hogs???

Well its pretty siimple what ticks you off more than anything SPEEDERS or those who FAIL TO KEEP RIGHT?

IMO, I think this violation by itself creates more traffic issues/incidents than any other. Back when I was on traffic this was one moving violation I leaned towards writing more than any other.....
    Last edited by fortisi876; 08-21-2005, 08:26 PM.

I can't stand those who don't keep right. If I had a larger stretch of highway to patrol that was busier I could make a career writing that ticket!

Comment

I agree. "Slower trafffic, keep to the right!"

Comment

Thank God! Im not alone! lol

On a serious note, why doesnt every state take that violation (fail to keep right) more seriously by posting BIG signs every so many miles???

I cant even tell you how many people Ive stopped who would say, "really I didnt know that officer" after I explained to them why they were being stopped.

In the tristate area, I rarely see these signs and if you do its some 1x2 hidden behind some tree. lol!

If I had a dollar for every time I needed to get somewhere FAST (lights and sirens) and had some moron slam on his brakes in that left lane and actually come to a stop there.........Id be able to take a week off! There are just too many clueless people behind the wheel of a car these days.
        Last edited by fortisi876; 08-22-2005, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fortisi876
          Thank God! Im not alone! lol

On a serious note, why doesnt every state take that violation (fail to keep right) more seriously by posting BIG signs every so many miles???

I cant even tell you how many people Ive stopped who would say, "really I didnt know that officer" after I explained to them why they were being stopped.

In the tristate area, I rarely see these signs and if you do its some 1x2 hidden behind some tree. lol!

If I had a dollar for every time I needed to get somewhere FAST (lights and sirens) and had some moron slam on his brakes in that left lane and actually come to a stop there.........Id be able to take a week off! There are just too many clueless people behind the wheel of a car these days.
          It definately seems to be a big Jersey thing.

Comment

Originally posted by WTPD3534
            I can't stand those who don't keep right. If I had a larger stretch of highway to patrol that was busier I could make a career writing that ticket!
            Hence, my new phrase under my avatar.

I have 25 miles of big road in my patrol area, plus about a 70 mile commute. Welcome to my world. However, here in MA I notice more and more NY and CT drivers DO NOT keep to the right when it's available.
            Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

Originally posted by SinePari
              Hence, my new phrase under my avatar.

I have 25 miles of big road in my patrol area, plus about a 70 mile commute. Welcome to my world. However, here in MA I notice more and more NY and CT drivers DO NOT keep to the right when it's available.
              We notice it here. And the rule of thumb is if they are in the left lane and near or under the limit, they are guaranteed to be on the cell phone, which is now a no-no in NYS.

Comment

Air Horn USA. I drive an unmark and will hit the air horn or wig-wags to help them move over. I hate when people think they are the designated traffic conjesters. That's my job, which I rarely ever do. I usually drive about 10 over to keep traffic flowing. What about does Buttheads that like to pace you from the rear. One word-"VASCAR" all day long.

My Unit

Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Depart
                Highway Interdiction & Traffic Safety Unit

Taylor's Sports Products

Comment

Left lane hogs are the worst, espicially if I 'm in a hurry to get somewhere. It always seems like I find a left lane hog when I'm running code three and they will not move. I guess I need to quit swearing at them and get their tag. Then a little later drop by their house and write them for failing to yield the right of way to an emergency vehicle.
                  RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

IMO, the true response to this problem is to have a ticket blitz specifically for that violation, rather than the BS speeding summonses so many cops seem to love issuing. Lets face it everybody speeds, I dont know of a highway/interstate that flows AT the indicated speed limit. I hardly think someone doing 10 over is the problem not like the JA doing the speed limit in the left lane during traffic hour with an open lane to his/her right. But yet, so many cops will focus on the speeding rather than what truly screws up highway flow.

Comment

Originally posted by fortisi876
                      IMO, the true response to this problem is to have a ticket blitz specifically for that violation, rather than the BS speeding summonses so many cops seem to love issuing. Lets face it everybody speeds, I dont know of a highway/interstate that flows AT the indicated speed limit. I hardly think someone doing 10 over is the problem not like the JA doing the speed limit in the left lane during traffic hour with an open lane to his/her right. But yet, so many cops will focus on the speeding rather than what truly screws up highway flow.
                      When I got hired I swore I was going to do this. Unfortunately I quickly found out that when driving a marked police vehicle left lane hogs cease being left lane hogs and get out of the way pretty darn quick. Combine that with the fact that I only have about 4 miles of highway that I can patrol that usually isn't busy enough to catch the L.L.H. I haven't been able to fulfill my mission.

Comment

Originally posted by WTPD3534
                        I haven't been able to fulfill my mission.

Well, Ill tell ya what I used to do, I think the key is being as stealthy as possible (duh). I'd park it somewhere where they couldnt see me but I had a decent view of them rolling up on me, if I see a possible LLH (I like that ) Id roll out slowly, stay in the right lane and observe them for a mile or so. Then drop the hammer just before they exit my sector! Kablaaammmm!

Most of these dopes dont even think they're doing anything wrong if they're doing the speed limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Evnings
                          Left lane hogs are the worst, espicially if I 'm in a hurry to get somewhere. It always seems like I find a left lane hog when I'm running code three and they will not move. I guess I need to quit swearing at them and get their tag. Then a little later drop by their house and write them for failing to yield the right of way to an emergency vehicle.
                          Here you can mail the cite to the RO.
                          Lead, follow or get out of the way.

Comment

I swear NJ drivers are the worst, followed by NY.... What happened to lane etiquete? If you see a faster moving vehicle coming up behind you, move over, doesn't matter if it's a police car or any other nehicle, you don't know where they are going.... Plus, I'm sure if it's not someone on official business or with a real emergency they'll get a visit shortly down the road....

Comment

Originally posted by SS396
                              I swear NJ drivers are the worst, followed by NY.... What happened to lane etiquete? If you see a faster moving vehicle coming up behind you, move over, doesn't matter if it's a police car or any other nehicle, you don't know where they are going.... Plus, I'm sure if it's not someone on official business or with a real emergency they'll get a visit shortly down the road....
                              LMAO!

Except I think this is more appropriate!
                              I swear NY drivers are the worst, followed by NJ.... What happened to lane etiquette?
                              I kid you not! Every freaking time Im driving on I80 irregardless if its in NJ or PA and there is a car slowing us down in the left lane.......I cant even tell you how often its a NY plate! LOL!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4800 users online. 220 members and 4580 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X