300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colored lights

This is obviously directed to those of us that work traffic enforcement. But I guess others can chime in.

Just wondering if you all do much in the way of enforcement on illegal lights (red, blue, green, etc) on vehicles? It's a pet peeve of mine and I generally write. Anyone else?

Cite.
    Seize.

Comment

I write it. Especially those obnoxiously bright, blue headlights. I can't stand them.
      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

I'm always able to find another reason to pull them over and then tack on the light charge.

Comment

Originally posted by reils49 View Post
          I write it. Especially those obnoxiously bright, blue headlights. I can't stand them.
          Nothing worse than a vehicle driving towards or behind you with lights brighter than the sun. I'm glad you guys enforce those violations.

Comment

That's racisssss...... why it gotta be colored lights?
            September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Any lights up front that aren't white or orange get defected if I've got the car for something else too. I don't always pull cars over just for that though.

Comment

Oh, and by the way, the title of this post is racist...

Comment

I used to stop and cite these violators, but got tired of the DA blowing them off and dismissing them, so I just quit. Maybe I shouldn't have but I feel the DA's attitude toward this law only diminishes my authority when I take action to only have it thrown out. I wonder how much revenue the State has lost out on due to me and other officers adapting to the DA's bad behavior?

Comment

Originally posted by dvon714 View Post

Nothing worse than a vehicle driving towards or behind you with lights brighter than the sun. I'm glad you guys enforce those violations.
                    I used to write them. Then my retinas were burned out and now I can't see the ticket book!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5430 users online. 183 members and 5247 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X