300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waze App

The purpose of this app was to allow real time data to cut down your drive time from A to B. Unfortunately it's more often that not used to tag police officers exact location to let other drivers know when to slow down. Besides the obvious officer safety issue this is it also can grind your activity to a halt. I'm no hammer but I don't want a drunk or drug dealer getting over on me either. I've opened an account myself and tag myself in at least 20 different places while I'm moving, why not have a little fun watching people go by at 30 mph in a 65. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Ill wager that Waze has zero effect on activity. Pretty sure I can sit in the median with all my lights and siren on and still stop plenty of cars.

Stupidity and inattentive drivers is job security, I'm not worried about an app
    Originally posted by Rudy8116
    The only reason I have one in the chamber at all times is because it is impossible to have two in.

Originally posted by CruiserClass
    OC is my last option. I've never met anyone immune to electricity or physics.

Comment

Originally posted by 02paul09 View Post
      Ill wager that Waze has zero effect on activity. Pretty sure I can sit in the median with all my lights and siren on and still stop plenty of cars.

I agree 100%. No need to hide, most of the general public has their head shoved so far up their *** they fly right past you.

Besides isn't a goal of traffic enforcement to slow people down? If they slow down because they see me, or they think I may be there because of an app the objective is still met.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Errare humanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum
      To err is human, but to persist is diabolical

Comment

I don't know if it is used down here but there are Facebook pages and the like that post where police are sitting.

If I can sit in a fully marked car and carch speeders going away from me AFTER they've passed me then I'm not too worried. I don't like to fish out my spots so I usually grab about five tickets and move on.

It's always possible to catch someone doing the wrong thing.

Comment

How to you use waze in the Outback? Like, there's alerts for wallabies on the road, causing a three 'Roo pileup? Swarms of Koalas parking illegally?
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

There's only about four roads in the Outback so you're in for a long detour if any of that happens!

Comment

Hahaha! "I've got a koala vs Digger pile up! There's critters everywhere..."

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                Hahaha! "I've got a koala vs Digger pile up! There's critters everywhere..."
                Now you're just confusing me with my own dialect...

Comment

Sorry. Didn't mean to go all Outback Steakhouse on you!

Comment

Originally posted by 02paul09 View Post

Oh I'm not worried about stops but it is an officer safety issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Citykid33 View Post
                      Oh I'm not worried about stops but it is an officer safety issue.
                      Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Sad fact is you can be mindful and vigilant as much as you can but if someone really wants a piece of you there isn't a whole lot you can do to stop it from happening.
                      Originally posted by Rudy8116
                      The only reason I have one in the chamber at all times is because it is impossible to have two in.

Originally posted by CruiserClass
                      OC is my last option. I've never met anyone immune to electricity or physics.

Comment

I work a lot of highway traffic enforcement and I noticed when I am "marked" on the waze app. If I do not catch a speeder before i get marked, it will take me significantly longer to catch a speeder (at the minimum speed I look for).

I have the app downloaded on my phone and I keep an eye out for when i am marked.

As far as Officer safety goes, I do not really feel like it puts me in anymore danger than driving a marked unit.
                        Making the streets safer, one donut at a time

Comment

I don't tag myself, I just wait till I get tagged then move on. If I'm off duty, I'll vote down other peoples 5-0 tags.

Comment

I just put fake locations out every mile or so...

Comment

I doubt the waze app will hurt my enforcement on the interstate at 0200. For some reason I've been getting quite of few travelers from up North arguing radar doesn't work out the rear of the vehicle. Either way if it slows some dumb dumb down it doesn't bother me but there will still plenty of H.U.A. drivers.
                              Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5375 users online. 312 members and 5063 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X