300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counsil Members

Today I just got my *** chewed by a Village Council member for making too many traffic stops yesterday. Really ****ed me off. I told him that I wrote a lot of tickets too. He didn't like that. Got me thinking how much I would like to write him a ticket.

Would it be the suicide for my career to write a council member a ticket?

Originally posted by Profisher View Post
    Today I just got my *** chewed by a Village Council member for making too many traffic stops yesterday. Really ****ed me off. I told him that I wrote a lot of tickets too. He didn't like that. Got me thinking how much I would like to write him a ticket.

Would it be the suicide for my career to write a council member a ticket?

It depends
    In Los Angeles it wouldn't be noticed
    In Mayberry you would be gone

That being said................................If you as a police officer get so upset with criticism from the public and your supervisors that you are even contemplating targeting someone for retribution.......................you will end up fired for CAUSE because you probably shouldn't be in the profession to begin with
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

(F*** Off Cuz Ur Stupid)

Comment

Fair enough.

Comment

Next month write none.

Comment

you must work for a small department / village if a council members knows how many traffic stops you made....and writing a lot of tickets means absolutely nothing. tickets / the vehicle and traffic law should be used as a tool to stop cars and interdict actual criminal activity. quality over quantity.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            It depends
            In Los Angeles it wouldn't be noticed
            In Mayberry you would be gone

That being said................................If you as a police officer get so upset with criticism from the public and your supervisors that you are even contemplating targeting someone for retribution.......................you will end up fired for CAUSE because you probably shouldn't be in the profession to begin with
            The most accurate reply you could ever hope for.

http://www.kpho.com/story/18845404/o...o-many-tickets

Officers suspended after writing too many tickets
            Posted: Jun 21, 2012 9:08 AM CDT
            Rachel Leigh, Content Manager
            Connect
            PALM BEACH, FL (WFLX) - Two Palm Beach police officers have been suspended without pay after, investigators say, they wrote too many tickets.

These suspensions come after one officer was fired for the same reason earlier this year.

Officer Christopher Beesley will be suspended for one week while Officer William Rothrock will be suspended for two weeks, according to Palm Beach police officials.

Beesley more than doubled his tickets in a one month span early this year from January to February, while Rothrock more than tripled his total in the same time span.

The spike in tickets happened a month after the Palm Beach Town Council voted to cut police pensions.

Both Beesley and Rothrock said they let the council's decision affect their work in part leading to their ticket writing.

On June 5, officer William Eaton was fired for writing too many tickets. Eaton wrote 115 tickets in 16 days earlier this year.

Eaton's attorney says a bonus system was set up to reward high performing officers paying up to a $6,000 bonus at the end of the year for performance. Eaton is currently trying to get his job back.

Beesley and Rothrock were working yesterday.

Palm Beach public safety director Kirk Blouin said it's not yet determined when the officers' suspensions will take place.

Copyright 2012 WFLX. All Rights Reserved.
            Originally posted by EnWhyPeeDee View Post
            you must work for a small department / village if a council members knows how many traffic stops you made....and writing a lot of tickets means absolutely nothing. tickets / the vehicle and traffic law should be used as a tool to stop cars and interdict actual criminal activity. quality over quantity.
            You would be surprised. One of my friends (Chicago PD) cited an alderman's buddy; the alderman called the Superintendent and crap rolled downhill.

Last edited by slamdunc; 12-06-2015, 02:04 PM.
            “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Yes we have a very small department. I like to be proactive and write good quality tickets and find drugs. I understand not writing everything, but expired Registration, 15 over speed, and no insurance are things I can't overlook.

I've been told in the past the less I do the better off I will be.

Comment

Yes we have a very small department. I like to be proactive and write good quality tickets and find drugs. I understand not writing everything, but expired Registration, 15 over speed, and no insurance are things I can't overlook.

I would keep my eye out for a new department.
                Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

If you have a council member that feels comfortable telling you how to do your job, you need to take that information to your supervisors and get their reaction. If they don't back you and send him the message that he does not run the police department, I'd consider looking for another place to work, because it probably won't get any better.

I'm trying to imagine what his side of it would be and the only thing that makes sense is he has gotten feedback that you are a "hot-pencil" and he thinks having an officer that stops everything moving makes his sleepy little village sound bad.

There is a little city not far from me that has had that reputation for over forty years. But I was told something by their chief a long time ago that he demands his officers work traffic vigorously because criminals do not normally walk to work. Burglars, thieves, robbers, etc DRIVE and an alert officer will clear up many many cases by stopping traffic law violators. (Hey, use that reasoning to plead your case if necessary).

I was taught a long time ago that you cannot get in trouble for doing your job..... that only happens when you DON'T do your job. But I would not go hunting for the guy, especially since you put your intentions on the Internet! LOL
                  Last edited by delzo70; 12-07-2015, 09:39 AM.
                  If your biggest work-related fear is getting a paper cut, don't try and tell a cop how to do his job.

Comment

A city council member has no business approaching you about your enforcement activities. Realistically, if they have a concern they should go through your Chief of Police or file a complaint as a citizen. However, as this obviously isn't the case then yes, writing him a ticket for a valid offense would likely be career suicide with that department. Seek life elsewhere and find a better agency.

Comment

I'm just curious, who sets the traffic enforcement policy for your department, your Chief or you?

What is your Chief's policy on traffic enforcement and traffic stops? What is your Chief's enforcement threshold?
                      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I guess the best thing to do would be to follow what you have been told.

If you can't follow the ways of the department-----------------leave
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

(F*** Off Cuz Ur Stupid)

Comment

Sometimes, being a very small fish in a VERY large pond is a very good thing.....
                          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

LA Deputy is our pond that small with how fast word travels?
                            I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post
                              LA Deputy is our pond that small with how fast word travels?
                              As far as having to deal with jerkoff politicians, yes.....as far as how quick the rumor mill will spread stuff? NOPE
                              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10625 users online. 438 members and 10187 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X