Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas transporation code

Hey all,

I know i have posted this in another section but just seeing if there was any information out there.

I work around West Texas and was wondering if anyone knew of a cheat sheet for the transportation code? Slowly its getting easier to spot traffic violations but i was just curious if there was like an excel sheet of some sort. I know traffic stops are a good way to develop PC so im working on getting better. Also if anyone knows of a Penal Code cheat sheet as well. Any help is much appreciated!

Be safe out there

A few years back, DPS used to have some neat quick reference guides that could be used as a cheat sheet.

I'd call the academy in Austin and inquire if they still furnish them. Office: (512) 424-7214
    If your biggest work-related fear is getting a paper cut, don't try and tell a cop how to do his job.

Comment

I have something sitting in my patrol car that might be of interest to you. I'll try to get up uploaded tomorrow.

Comment

Anything will help thanks! Also ill check with DPS to see if they have anything as you said.

Comment

As for Penal Code there's the Clear Books http://www.clearbooks.com/
          But right now they're out of stock. Outside of the academy, I don't find that book to be very useful.
          For penal code if you have a smart phone or internet connect, just use this website http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/. It's usually pretty up-to-date, and that's all I use. I have a hard copy of the Penal Code in my trunk, but it's probably from 2011 or so.

A Transportation Code, "cheat sheet" actually is pretty useful because a lot of the violations we cite on tickets are not worded exactly the same as in the actual statute. I used to have a cheat sheet that had a column with the violation "title" (i.e. Improper Turn), and the next column had the section of the Transp Code where that could be find. I haven't seen it in awhile though. If I run across I'll try to get it on here somehow.

Comment

Sorry it took so long and pardon the photos of the sheet. I have the pdf if you want it emailed. It's also a bit old.

Comment

Appreciate all the responses! if you could email the pdf that would be great....The D

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11367 users online. 465 members and 10902 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X