300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Chevrolet 1500 SSV

Has anyone seen or are driving the new 2015 Chevroelt 1500 SSV? We are looking at getting one and putting in some size/weight enforcment scales. Is it still apretty good ride?

Thanks!

Get a f-150 w eco boost you will never look back. Go look at Dunn County Junk 1/2 1500 with scales if they still got it, suspension cant handle the weight, reasoning for NDHP to go with 3/4 ton, look at state bid you can get a F250 for a pretty good price right now.
    "What the problem is?"

Comment

How much do the scales weigh? Under 700 pounds a 1/2 ton will be fine.

The Chevy will probably be your best option. The Ecoboosts are fast but they have random misfire issues. Plus they are very expensive. You might consider a F150 with the 5.0. Those seem to have a good track record. The Chevy will give you a longer power train warranty though.
      Making the streets safer, one donut at a time

Comment

Iowa DOT enforcement went with Tahoe's
        My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

(F*** Off Cuz Ur Stupid)

Comment

I had an '07 Tahoe police package, I know it's not the new one but I turned it in with 125,000 miles on it and got a new explorer....miss my Tahoe. If the new ones are as good, it's hard to beat it; big, roomy and fast. I never carried any weight (like scales), but it's my favorite cop car other than the LT1 Caprice (94-96)....put another 50 hp and all wheel drive it'd be the best cop car out there.....

Comment

Originally posted by PB3021 View Post
            I had an '07 Tahoe police package, I know it's not the new one but I turned it in with 125,000 miles on it and got a new explorer....miss my Tahoe. If the new ones are as good, it's hard to beat it; big, roomy and fast. I never carried any weight (like scales), but it's my favorite cop car other than the LT1 Caprice (94-96)....put another 50 hp and all wheel drive it'd be the best cop car out there.....
            Our Sheriff and Chief Deputy are getting new Tahoe's (chiefs is in getting radios/etc right now). But the Iowa DOT carries scales all the time. They used ot have CVPI's WITH scales so they love the Tahoe
            My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

(F*** Off Cuz Ur Stupid)

Comment

Im driving a 2012 Tahoe now and still love it

Comment

We just received the 1500 SSV about two months ago, and the day shift LT scooped it up. He loves it, and it came with the molded rear seat and seemed pretty high tech with the interior. We also have a special agent here with an unmarked version. Both have black storage boxes that cover the entire truck bed.

I can say that it rides really nice and has pretty good power. The lightbar that came with it has a low profile and is super bright. Most people don't realize it is a police vehicle until it's way too late. It is used as a patrol rig, and it might replace our tahoe SSVs. Our road system (or lack of a paved one) means we have to stick with 4x4s capable of going places a sedan just wouldn't be able to go.
                Last edited by darkhorse6; 02-17-2015, 10:58 AM.
                Sergeant, US Army 2004-2009
                Sergeant, Army National Guard 2009-2016
                The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5208 users online. 275 members and 4933 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X