300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good waterproof boots for motors...

So I am going in to my third year on motors and we are now in the rainy months (like 5 of them). I'm getting tired of my feet getting soaked! I expect to be wet, but it's getting to be a little much, so I am looking for suggestions. I currently have Blackhawk duty boots that are supposed to be waterproof, however they are not. Last year, I wore my Bates duty boots which also claimed to be waterproof.....not so much either.

Does anyone have any options for boots and or socks that seem to really work?

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vHL0OPWe9k

Danner Acadia.

Skip to about 8 minute mark. The only time my feet ever get wet is when they sweat from the boots keeping them too warm lol.

I think there is another boot thread on here too (k-9 section) with a similar question but has the same general consensus. The only recommendation I would make is to ditch the plastic inserts and buy a proper insole support.

Comment

^^^This^^^

I'm not assigned to motors but I wear Danners everyday. Hands down the best boot I have ever owned.
      A little pricey but worth every penny. The only way your feet will get wet from the outside is if you submerge them deep enough for water to come in from the top.
      Errare humanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum
      To err is human, but to persist is diabolical

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions on Danner. I have worn a pair of Strikers at one point and was not happy with how heavy they were. I have heard that is one of the drawbacks of them in general, but I will put some more research in to it.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10551 users online. 574 members and 9977 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X