300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Reconstruction School?

Was recently "volun-told" that I'll be supervising the traffic unit at my department, which requires me going through a 6 week traffic reconstruction school. I'm a little bit intimidated by this class because: 1) I've never been the best traffic crash investigator and 2) math isn't my best subject. I'm willing to dedicate time/energy to make myself better in these areas, but does anyone have advice? Or could recommend some literature I could read to prepare me for the class?

I'm pretty good with basic math, algebra, and geometry. The highest math class I took in college was "Statistics."

99.999% math from what I have been told

Contact these people........................I know several of the officers of the organization

http://www.matai.org/

Comment

I've been a reconstructionist for about 10 years and went through the 6 week IPTM course(s). When I was younger, I absolutely sucked at math! But the instructors really did a good job of explaining the formula's and the derivation of the formula's. I consider myself pretty good with the math now.

I would expect as a recon supervisor, you'll mostly be overseeing crash scenes and checking recon reports.

Iowa gave you a link to the Midwest Association of Technical Accident Investigators. You're in the southwest, a more appropriate org would be SATAI Also check out the ARC Network They're both great resources.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
        99.999% math from what I have been told
        Very true. We had a serious accident with a patrol unit colliding with the mayor's niece, a soccer mom driving a mini van in a downtown intersection and the original traffic investigator had the officer at 88 MPH. I did the skidmarks correctly and he really was going 27 MPH.

I enjoyed the course but it is difficult. The lead instructor was a retired Captain with the Highway Patrol and he was exceptional.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7575 users online. 425 members and 7150 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X