300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackhawk10

The Caprice doesn't have the "pick up"? What Caprice you are talking about? My dept has the new Caprice and they are very nice and can haul a** from the jump! We have the V-8 version. Do you that the Caprice with the V-8 are faster and the cramped Charger with a HEMI?!

Comment

Originally posted by TACP69 View Post
      Blackhawk10

The Caprice doesn't have the "pick up"? What Caprice you are talking about? My dept has the new Caprice and they are very nice and can haul a** from the jump! We have the V-8 version. Do you that the Caprice with the V-8 are faster and the cramped Charger with a HEMI?!
      Agreed! Caprice is the fastest car I've driven. He must have the V-6 package. You can even go online to the Michigan State Police testing site and see the V-8 Caprice is one of the fastest now!

Comment

My first agency got the caprice as soon as they were available. It was super fast, only down side is it had a center shifter so it lost some room, but I believe they have since moved to column shifters.
        "To hell with a supervisor, men follow a leader" -Texas Ranger Captain Allee

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
        -Sun Tzu

Comment

We recently (last year) went through the same decision making process (only we were looking at 4x4 vehicles).
          We ended up leasing 4 tahoes.

We chose the Tahoe for several reasons.
          -I found the ford suv extremely cramped for my 6.5ft tall frame (all four of us did).
          -the tahoe motor is naturally aspirated vs the turbos of the ford. We didn't want to pay $$$ when a turbo on the ford died.
          -the tahoe has withstood the test of time is still kicking. we did not want to be an early adaptor of a new vehicle/motor/etc like on the ford

I am unable to comment on cars. We are a rural agency so we have to have 4x4 equipped vehicles (which rules out cars)
          Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

I have been running the awd taurus for the past year or so and I have to say I love it. I mainly work dirt mountain roads and I have yet to get stuck, touch wood. Also very impressed of performance in the snows we had last winter. feel it is a good fit for my patrol needs. would like a couple of inches higher clearance though.

Comment

Originally posted by va_roadie View Post
              I have been running the awd taurus for the past year or so and I have to say I love it. I mainly work dirt mountain roads and I have yet to get stuck, touch wood. Also very impressed of performance in the snows we had last winter. feel it is a good fit for my patrol needs. would like a couple of inches higher clearance though.
              I'm 6'2 and 260 lbs. Can't get out of this car without turning sideways and shoving my gun down under the steering wheel. And if it has a console for radios, forget about ever pulling out your duty gun in the car. You will have to adjust your holster to fit the car, not the way you would prefer to carry it. Forget about putting on the seatbelt if you're driving. You can either wear the seatbelt or carry your duty gun on the right side, but not both.

One day, while beefing about the room in this car, one copper said, "It is a little tight, but I'm ok in it." She was 5'05, 110 lbs.
              Last edited by ChiTownDet; 10-11-2015, 09:54 AM.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10698 users online. 484 members and 10214 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X