Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-tickets - Any other departments using these?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Next3Exits View Post
    We just started using E-ticket a few months ago, and while the time savings are great I have found it to be hit and miss in it's functionality. There are quite a few times I've had to mail the tickets out because the printer won't connect. This might be due to technological growing pains and my lack of tech savvyness however. My other issue is that there are fields missing on E-ticket that are present on the hard copies such as traffic, weather, road type, an area for notes, and a way to enter the car we are using. We end up having to enter it in the disposition. Other features I enjoy are that all the charges are right there so I no longer have to pull out the statute book as much, and being able to add multiple charges without re-entering the parties information. There is a certain "personal" touch to handwritten tickets that I'm going to miss however, haha.
    I was having a good time using our original units but the problem was syncing with the court system. We just gave up and went back to paper. We also had printers that wouldn't pair, printers that ate paper, card readers failing to read, etc. These new ones will hopefully be better.

Comment

Originally posted by ftttu View Post
      I was having a good time using our original units but the problem was syncing with the court system.
      We had this issue for a bit with the state AOC, but after a few months our chief was able to straighten it out and we finally went live. Syncing with the courts was what it sounded like the primary problem in getting eTicket to go live was.

My biggest complaint with the printers is that when a summons is court mandatory the printer seems to "crunch" some of the info on the ticket, making small parts of it not appear as much more than a line or unintelligible squiggle.
      Last edited by Next3Exits; 01-20-2015, 06:38 PM.
      "The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." Proverbs 28:1

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” -Steven King

Comment

Finally received training and our new units today. Tomorrow I will probably write a ticket or two with it. Appaears this new system doesn't have the same syncing problem as our older system. We watched a training video where a motor officer writes a motorist in about 2 minutes. If I have any problems, I will post them.
        Last edited by ftttu; 03-02-2015, 09:58 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I have had etix for three years now but I don't write a whole lot of traffic. So little in fact that I have only changed the roll of paper two times. So the other day I ended up writing a guy a few tickets. I push the appropriate buttons and hit print, the ticket comes half way out and jams. Seems I am out of paper. Luckily I have an extra roll so I grab it from the trunk and attempt to change it. First I put it in backwards, then I don't line it up. Then I end up turning off the printer, I don't know this so I keep hitting "print" when nothing happens. Since I'm taking so long I go back up to the guy I stopped and make up some nonsense about a rookie dispatcher taking forever with the license check etc. I finally end up getting this thing to print, but it keeps printing, and printing, and printing (probably the 100 times I hit "print" when it was turned off). To get this dude out of here I grab the first copy off the end of the roll and give it to him. When I make it back to my cruiser, the printer has stopped and the floor and passenger seat of my car are covered in etix paper. There must have been 15 feet of it in there. Hope you got a chuckle out of that. I certainly did, if you cant laugh at yourself who can you laugh at? Moral if the story: check your paper BEFORE you hit the road.
          Errare humanum est, sed perseverare diabolicum
          To err is human, but to persist is diabolical

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbird543 View Post
            I have had etix for three years now but I don't write a whole lot of traffic. So little in fact that I have only changed the roll of paper two times. So the other day I ended up writing a guy a few tickets. I push the appropriate buttons and hit print, the ticket comes half way out and jams. Seems I am out of paper. Luckily I have an extra roll so I grab it from the trunk and attempt to change it. First I put it in backwards, then I don't line it up. Then I end up turning off the printer, I don't know this so I keep hitting "print" when nothing happens. Since I'm taking so long I go back up to the guy I stopped and make up some nonsense about a rookie dispatcher taking forever with the license check etc. I finally end up getting this thing to print, but it keeps printing, and printing, and printing (probably the 100 times I hit "print" when it was turned off). To get this dude out of here I grab the first copy off the end of the roll and give it to him. When I make it back to my cruiser, the printer has stopped and the floor and passenger seat of my car are covered in etix paper. There must have been 15 feet of it in there. Hope you got a chuckle out of that. I certainly did, if you cant laugh at yourself who can you laugh at? Moral if the story: check your paper BEFORE you hit the road.
            Funny stuff. Those are the types of things which happen to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbird543 View Post
              First I put it in backwards, then I don't line it up.
              Story of my life! That paper is a pain in the ***.

Comment

We use Delta Plus / Etix for both ticketing and accident reports.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6030 users online. 198 members and 5832 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X