Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-tickets - Any other departments using these?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-tickets - Any other departments using these?

My department has every car equipped with an e-ticket printer that syncs with the NCIC interface so your tag and OLN return will auto-fill the sections.

Any other departments made the switch to these? I find them much easier than hand-writing tickets.
    There once was a man who said: "Though,
    it seems that I know that I know,
    what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
    when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

We have them. They work great, most of the time.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

Washington State's e-ticket program loads driver and vehicle by scanning 3D barcodes on driver licenses and vehicle registrations.

Comment

We use e-tickets and they've spoiled me. I use to hand write everything at my previous department now if my MDC or printer tears up it automatically becomes verbal warning day.
        Originally posted by Rudy8116
        The only reason I have one in the chamber at all times is because it is impossible to have two in.

Originally posted by CruiserClass
        OC is my last option. I've never met anyone immune to electricity or physics.

Comment

Nope, we still use carbonated tickets. One ticket covers one offence. If you're writing three tickets you are handwriting the payment date, name, address, licence and car details three times. It's a bit frustrating but the satisfaction of getting the triple is hard to beat.

Comment

We have been supposed to be going to E-tickets for some time now. We even had the printer mounts installed in our cars about a year ago. No E-tickets yet though. The brass keeps saying we will be getting them in October. They didn't say which October....
            "Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
            Watch your words, for they become actions.
            Watch your actions, for they become habits.
            Watch your habits, for they become character.
            Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Comment

My department is small, by the time we get E-tickets it will be obsolete.
              The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
              that we are all that stands between
              the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

New York has TraCS. You scan the barcode on the DLIC/Reg, type in the location of the offense, the charge, add a court date, click sign, then print. If you are writing more than one, you can click replicate and just change the charge.

http://www.redlichlaw.com/traffic/ticket.jpg

looks like that when you print it

Comment

Hi
                  In New Zealand Road Policing Have been using them for last 2 years
                  great thing, we are expanding them soon so all branches can use them
                  Less errors , less false information great tool to use
                  Our old devices ( 2 years old) are being overtaken shortly by I pad

Comment

Originally posted by Seventy2002 View Post
                    Washington State's e-ticket program loads driver and vehicle by scanning 3D barcodes on driver licenses and vehicle registrations.
                    WA's is a statewide system open to any LE agency in the state, even Burlington-Northern Railroad Police is using it. Sweet system, just scan the DL and registration, fill in your location and offense, print and hand it over. WA doesn't require violator signatures either so that's nice.

In addition several federal agencies are using etickets as well. The US Forest Service has equipped just about all their LEOs with a eticket system.

Comment

We have E-wreck reports where we can scan in the DL and Registration which then populates into the report. Also fills in location information based on GPS info we input. Takes about 10 minutes to have a report printed out. The software for that also produces e-tickets, warning, and field interview cards, but due to a number of unknown reasons we've been waiting for about 2 years for those features to come online.
                      Did you ever notice that incorrectly is only spelled correctly when it's spelled incorrectly?

Comment

Originally posted by wildlife97 View Post
                        Sweet system, just scan the DL and registration
                        Now if we could just get all the states to use the same barcode format and require insurance companies to barcode their information.

Comment

We also use the TraCS system as do many departments in the state. I love it! So much faster, especially when issuing multiple citations. It even works with most out of state licenses and registrations as long as they have some type of bar code.

Comment

Originally posted by Catfish56 View Post
                            We have been supposed to be going to E-tickets for some time now. We even had the printer mounts installed in our cars about a year ago. No E-tickets yet though. The brass keeps saying we will be getting them in October. They didn't say which October....
                            Same with my department. The print mounts have been installed since January and we still don't have them up and working.

Comment

We have them and I love them. I work a lot of DUI's and would never hand write 9 tickets, but with our system I just copy and past DL and plate info (if from GA) then use drop downs for the rest. If doing multiple cites and my program or printer mess up, I call my partner and he will either print out the cites for me (the computers are real-time updated for cites and reports) and bring them or just let me create them on his computer.

When I was a traffic unit at a university, we would book people at the PD before taking them to the county jail. It wasn't uncommon for one of us to get a DUI with 4-5 additional charges that all had to be hand written (1 offense per cite). If possible, another special ops unit (traffic or bike) would try to meet us at the PD and fill out the tickets for us as we processed the suspect.

I still try to hand write a ticket every week or so to keep my muscle memory for them (used to be able to fill one out while standing without even looking).
                              Originally posted by Ceridwen
                              Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8550 users online. 351 members and 8199 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X